As for FSU Getting Hosed... | Syracusefan.com

As for FSU Getting Hosed...

Faegan

All Conference
... the committee probably enjoyed giving them the shaft because it's going to push their fanbase to ratchet up the heat on their administration to bolt the ACC for "Greener" pastures. And by green I mean $$$.

Let's see how they do against Georgia in the I Don't Want to Be Here Bowl.
I think that a 6 team playoff is the optimal size. Yes, #7 will always complain but that will always happen. A 6 team playoff would retain the value of the regular season, but still let good 1 loss teams in (encourage high level regular season matchups). 12 devalues the regular season too much IMHO

They earned their spot last night when they beat a tough L-Ville team with their third string QB. They will have their backup QB for the bowl game. They won several games after Travis went down and they played one of the tougher schedules in the nation. It is not as if they were an undefeated MAC school that played a weak schedule.

It is a shame when a Committee wipes out a body of work because they think a team might not be as good as they proved they were on the field. Some guys from the Top 4 schools may opt out to protect their draft status. So if that happens do those schools lose their spot ???

This is just another NCAA travesty.

They earned their spot last night when they beat a tough L-Ville team with their third string QB. They will have their backup QB for the bowl game. They won several games after Travis went down and they played one of the tougher schedules in the nation. It is not as if they were an undefeated MAC school that played a weak schedule.

It is a shame when a Committee wipes out a body of work because they think a team might not be as good as they proved they were on the field. Some guys from the Top 4 schools may opt out to protect their draft status. So if that happens do those schools lose their spot ???

This is just another NCAA travesty.
players don't usually opt out of the playoff bowl games. It's the ones that we have been playing in that guys opt out of.

The best 4 teams should make the CFP.

Without Travis, I don't think that FSU would even beat OSU.

That penalizes the entire team though. The FSU defense can stand with anyone. FSU total D #14. Only playoff team ahead of them and is Michigan at #2.

Total Offense:
Alabama #53
Michigan #66

... the committee probably enjoyed giving them the shaft because it's going to push their fanbase to ratchet up the heat on their administration to bolt the ACC for "Greener" pastures. And by green I mean $$$.
True

Ironically...

As an undefeated ACC Champ, they would be guaranteed a spot in the Final 12.

As a middle-of-the-pack SEC or B1G team, they could easily miss out every year.
Also true.

"What happened today goes against everything that is true and right in college football." LMFAO

Everybody knows that an undefeated champion of the SEC or the B1G would ever be left out under any circumstances which proves FSU claim that the ACC is at competitive disadvantage.

Everybody knows that an undefeated champion of the SEC or the B1G would ever be left out under any circumstances which proves FSU claim that the ACC is at competitive disadvantage.
If McCarthy snapped his leg late against Ohio St and they could barely complete a pass and struggled vs Iowa they absolutely could have been left out with the weak schedule and cheating.

Why should the 4th spot go to a team that has no chance?

If McCarthy snapped his leg late against Ohio St and they could barely complete a pass and struggled vs Iowa they absolutely could have been left out with the weak schedule and cheating.

They earned it all season! You played and won all season with various injuries.

If FSU’s defense sucked but they could put up 50 points a game, they would have gotten in. It’s a double standard. The committee likes offense. FSU’s defense is legit. If they win 10-6 games, who cares. They deserve to be in.

Let's see how they do against Georgia in the I Don't Want to Be Here Bowl.
They are screwed against Georgia. They are going to stuff the run and force the QB to throw it to win. It’s not happening.

Some of these takes are so far off base. This decision undermined the whole sport. This shouldn't be decided by opinions. Those players deserved the chance to keep fighting to achieve their goals. That team played their asses off week in and week out and always found a way. They should get to do that until they don't get the job done.

Some of you are total s. That's you Frankie.

12 team playoff solves it all…. I don’t like the decision due to the precedent set. But, FSU is not one of the top 4 teams…. Now I say that and if they beat UGA I’ll be eating crow. The case for FSU is extremely strong and so is the case for BAMA.