As for FSU Getting Hosed... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

As for FSU Getting Hosed...

FSU isn't one of the top 4 teams according to you and some old people in a room. That's why we play it out on the field. This shouldn't be a game of opinion. FSU put a stronger resume together than bama and they deserve to play it out. Guessing what is probably going to happen and going with that is everything that is wrong with the sport. If you don't think it's fueled by corruption, I don't know what to tell you. Swap the situations with Bama being undefeated with the injured QB, and you think FSU gets in over them? I don't think so. It's always been the four most deserving teams, not the top 4 get in the playoff. Until this year, because an important property would have been on the outside looking in, the ratings will be better, and due to the qb injury angle, they could get away with it.

FSU isn't one of the top 4 teams according to you and some old people in a room. That's why we play it out on the field. This shouldn't be a game of opinion. FSU put a stronger resume together than bama and they deserve to play it out. Guessing what is probably going to happen and going with that is everything that is wrong with the sport. If you don't think it's fueled by corruption, I don't know what to tell you. Swap the situations with Bama being undefeated with the injured QB, and you think FSU gets in over them? I don't think so. It's always been the four most deserving teams, not the top 4 get in the playoff. Until this year, because an important property would have been on the outside looking in, the ratings will be better, and due to the qb injury angle, they could get away with it.
What other sport does this? It's like if Tua can't play, let's leave the dolphins out of the playoffs. Starting pitcher hurt? Too bad, your done.

It’s not like FSU was gonna win 2 games with their backup people need to get real. Bama on the other hand could easily win it all.
That's speculation vs. facts. There is no way they didn't deserve to be in ahead of Texas or Alabama. But the hell with Florida St. anyway.

Some of these takes are so far off base. This decision undermined the whole sport. This shouldn't be decided by opinions. Those players deserved the chance to keep fighting to achieve their goals. That team played their asses off week in and week out and always found a way. They should get to do that until they don't get the job done.

Some of you are total s. That's you Frankie.

But football looks so easy on the telly and I can whip the ball around on my XBox, what's the big deal

*** Sarcasm alert

I wonder which will be more upsetting for them, this or Fran coming for the ACC throne?

I wonder which will be more upsetting for them, this or Fran coming for the ACC throne?
This. If Fran beats them it will be on the field. And this one cut deeper than any loss that will take place on a football field. Put all the wide rights together and this is still worse.

... the committee probably enjoyed giving them the shaft because it's going to push their fanbase to ratchet up the heat on their administration to bolt the ACC for "Greener" pastures. And by green I mean $$$.
i hope there is national boycott watching of the cf playoff. this is a disgrace, dishonorable gross behavior. all those selection committee members should called upon to resign. the honesty and integrity of college football had deteriorated significantly in recent years and now has hits the bottom with this shameless behavior. i will not watch this bs playout on tv and hope no one else does.

i hope there is national boycott watching of the cf playoff. this is a disgrace, dishonorable gross behavior. all those selection committee members should called upon to resign. the honesty and integrity of college football had deteriorated significantly in recent years and now has hits the bottom with this shameless behavior. i will not watch this bs playout on tv and hope no one else does.

Good luck with that in Michigan, or Washington, or Texas, or SEC Country.

This. If Fran beats them it will be on the field. And this one cut deeper than any loss that will take place on a football field. Put all the wide rights together and this is still worse.
After they taunted us fans in the Dome last year it’d be a shame.

Be a real shame.

The best 4 teams should make the CFP.

Without Travis, I don't think that FSU would even beat OSU.
that is not relevant . what is relevant is the obvious. fsu acc champs no matter who the qb is. lets say the alabama rb or qb is disqualified from playing for some reason , then you would agree to remove alabama from playing???? that would be in line with what you say. do you know what the fsu qb will do?????

I understand the whole Jordan Travis injury perspective. They are a better team with him but what the committee did to FSU is just wrong. Say Carson Beck from UGA got hurt several weeks back and the back-up qb was able to beat Bama in the SEC championship, albeit in an ugly fashion. Would UGA get left out? Hell no.

Some of you guys are forgetting that this is college football. It's often not what happens on the field. This sport has welcomed in subjectivity. I get FSU being upset about this, it sucks. However, and a big however, they are NOT one of the best four teams and should not be playing. That's why they aren't.

It appears I'm in the minority, but I love this. I despise FSU. My buddy makes it very easy to hate that school, particularly the football program. He constantly takes shots at Syracuse - he's relentless. So yesterday was my turn, and I laid into it. By the end of the day, he blocked me from Whats App. He still thinks they can be co-champions if they beat UGA. :confused:

... the committee probably enjoyed giving them the shaft because it's going to push their fanbase to ratchet up the heat on their administration to bolt the ACC for "Greener" pastures. And by green I mean $$$.
I think that is a great take and about 100% accurate. What exactly are these football "experts" looking for? ONE 10 team conference with all available $$ in College Football going to those teams only?!?

Some of you guys are forgetting that this is college football. It's often not what happens on the field. This sport has welcomed in subjectivity. I get FSU being upset about this, it sucks. However, and a big however, they are NOT one of the best four teams and should not be playing. That's why they aren't.

It appears I'm in the minority, but I love this. I despise FSU. My buddy makes it very easy to hate that school, particularly the football program. He constantly takes shots at Syracuse - he's relentless. So yesterday was my turn, and I laid into it. By the end of the day, he blocked me from Whats App. He still thinks they can be co-champions if they beat UGA. :confused:

Indeed. There has always been a degree of subjectivity involved, and this is what you get when you have a 4 team pseudo-esque type playoff of such limited teams. Who's to say that Ohio State or Georgia, both one loss teams, couldn't win it all if they were in? Fact is, they just as easily could.

Indeed. There has always been a degree of subjectivity involved, and this is what you get when you have a 4 team pseudo-esque type playoff of such limited teams. Who's to say that Ohio State or Georgia, both one loss teams, couldn't win it all if they were in? Fact is, they just as easily could.
Absolutely, and that's why they FINALLY moved to a 4 team playoff rather than 2. Imagine this year with only 2. Looking forward to 12. I'm also looking forward to watching fsu get beat down by UGA.

If the regular season is the payoff for the payoffs the FSU should be in.if FSU beats Geo and Wash and Michigan lose then FSU will be only undefeated team . Karma

Thought of all the talking heads I watched and text threads with FSU alums I'm on...the best two points for FSU are saw were:

1) If JJ McCarthy was hurt the final play against OSU and they beat Iowa like 7-3. Does ANYONE think Michigan would be left out?

2) This one was from the much talked about Dan Mullen after someone said "well, they took the 4 best". LAST WEEK, the #1 "best" was UGA, then they played and lost...someone just saying so and so is the "best" doesn't really matter much

Obviously, there's many good points on the other side as well.

If the regular season is the payoff for the payoffs the FSU should be in.if FSU beats Geo and Wash and Michigan lose then FSU will be only undefeated team . Karma
Liberty