As for FSU Getting Hosed... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

As for FSU Getting Hosed...

i hope there is national boycott watching of the cf playoff. this is a disgrace, dishonorable gross behavior. all those selection committee members should called upon to resign. the honesty and integrity of college football had deteriorated significantly in recent years and now has hits the bottom with this shameless behavior. i will not watch this bs playout on tv and hope no one else does.

Players available is literally written in to the criteria the committee must take into consideration. No one cared about it including FSU until it was the reason they were kept out of the final four. It sucks but those are the facts. The committee did there job within the established guidelines that all the conferences agreed to.

They earned their spot last night when they beat a tough L-Ville team with their third string QB. They will have their backup QB for the bowl game. They won several games after Travis went down and they played one of the tougher schedules in the nation. It is not as if they were an undefeated MAC school that played a weak schedule.

It is a shame when a Committee wipes out a body of work because they think a team might not be as good as they proved they were on the field. Some guys from the Top 4 schools may opt out to protect their draft status. So if that happens do those schools lose their spot ???

This is just another NCAA travesty.
So many posts to quote, but this one is the best.
I said basically the same thing.
You don't get fired right after being the #1 sales rep in a company (unless you did something dumb).
It's not what you MIGHT do, it's what you HAVE done.
The NCAA is a piece of chit.

Players available is literally written in to the criteria the committee must take into consideration. No one cared about it including FSU until it was the reason they were kept out of the final four. It sucks but those are the facts. The committee did there job within the established guidelines that all the conferences agreed to.
where may i find this ?????do you have a copy of it? just a thought, what happens to teams where various players opt to pass on the bowl games, is there some sort of penalty for that????? it has become more prevalent in recent years for "star" players to opt out, rather than risk injury.
players available --fsu had all the other players available including the third string quarterback who led them to the final victory. making them UNDEFEATED IN THE POWER 5.
Rationalize all you want this was sec bias, and irrational decision making. one team undefeated and one team with one loss you cannot get around this with bs.

where may i find this ?????do you have a copy of it? just a thought, what happens to teams where various players opt to pass on the bowl games, is there some sort of penalty for that????? it has become more prevalent in recent years for "star" players to opt out, rather than risk injury.
players available --fsu had all the other players available including the third string quarterback who led them to the final victory. making them UNDEFEATED IN THE POWER 5.
Rationalize all you want this was sec bias, and irrational decision making. one team undefeated and one team with one loss you cannot get around this with bs.
Look it up yourself. I’m not your researcher. It’s out there and not hard to find. Im not rationalizing shyte. I could care less if they are in or not.

As far as players declaring they are going to sit out of playoff bowl games I assume that’s fair game too. Guys on teams in consideration tend to play or announce they are sitting out after the selection process is over.

Look it up yourself. I’m not your researcher. It’s out there and not hard to find. Im not rationalizing shyte. I could care less if they are in or not.

As far as players declaring they are going to sit out of playoff bowl games I assume that’s fair game too. Guys on teams in consideration tend to play or announce they are sitting out after the selection process is over.
Sure

And a camel is a horse developed by committee

If UGA wins does FSU get in over Texas?
Yes, in my opinion. I don't think there was any way they were leaving the SEC completely out, and they would have had to do some serious explaining if they put Georgia in over Alabama or Bama over Texas. So they decided to do the explaining to FSU, instead, and blame injuries.

If Georgia beat Bama, I think FSU would have been the 4th team. The more interesting question is what happens if Alabama beats Georgia, but FSU marches up and down the field and blows out Louisville even with the freshman QB. I assume then it's Alabama and FSU in and Texas out, but I dunno.

I think Michigan Texas would be a huge money maker also.
I would think Michigan Texas would be a bigger storyline match up. Two huge brand programs with big followings that haven’t won in awhile. Michigan and the cheating scandal. Texas going to the SEC next year. Two very different styles. Either Harbaugh or Sark wins their first ring and joins the championship coach club.

Seems much more compelling than a week 2 rematch.

What is a national champion? There have been 96 teams voted #1 or who won a BCS or CFP since the writer's poll began in 1936. Of them, 92 have won all their games or all their games but one. Two of the other four had a loss and a tie. In modern college football, the ties would have been resolved into wins or losses and the teams with two losses would be out of consideration. The other two are the 1960 Minnesota team that had one loss and then lost their bowl game and would not have been considered for #1 in a post bowl poll, (which didn't start until 1968 for the writers and 1974 for the coaches), and the 2007 LSU teams. In 2007, everybody lost and everybody but Ohio State and Kansas lost twice. Kansas came out of the blue and was only ranked 8th in the BCS standings. LSU was ranked the best of the two loss teams and they beat Ohio State in the BCS title game.

Conclusion: a national champion should be a team that won all it's games or all but one. But teams that aren't at what we would not call a power conference level don't get serious consideration because it's presumed that if they played a power conference schedule they would not have such a record. A Boise State might have a bowl game against Oklahoma you could make a movie of but if they were actually in the Big 12, (of that time), they would not have been undefeated and probably have at least two losses. Thus, a national champion should have played a power conference level schedule and won all their games or all but one. Any such team should be in a comprehensive national championship tournament. If any are excluded the tournament is not comprehensive and not valid.

Because of that the 2 team tournament the BCS was rarely valid and the 4 team tournament the CFP will usually be valid but, as we have discovered this year, not always. We need a format that will always include power conference teams with not more than one loss.

I also feel we need a format that gives the Group of Five teams a path to the playoff. The whole reason for having divisions is to give everyone a shot at a championship. Every team should be able to win one if they just keep being the team in front of them until there's no one left to beat. If that's not possible, either they belong in another division or the playoff format need to include them. The Group of Five consists of teams who have migrated from FCS, (formerly Division 1AA), including several former champs. They should still be there, giving the Dakota teams some serious competition. But moving teams down seems to be impossible so the 1A, (FBS) playoff system needs to include them.

Eight teams, (I think that every team should have to win the same number of games to win the title, so I'm against byes), with auto bids to the power conference champions and another to the highest ranked Group of Five team would be a substantial improvement and might be enough to end any controversies. The powers that be want 12 to increase the number of power conference teams so they can get more money. The best idea for a tournament would be 16 teams with auto bids to the champions of all 10 FBS conferences and 6 wild cards. And that's perfectly doable. FCS has a 24 team tournament. DII has 28 teams and DIII has 32 teams. Have the Sweet 16 in early December, the quarter finals on new Years Day, they semis a week later and the College Super Bowl the week after that. You could still have the other bowls, if anyone wants to play in them.

Worst case of fraud since the the 1972 Munich basketball debacle. I understand the anger
I get the anger but don’t like the reaction. Again assuming they are going to boycott.

Best way to reply is beat UGA.

Last edited:
Everybody knows that an undefeated champion of the SEC or the B1G would ever be left out under any circumstances which proves FSU claim that the ACC is at competitive disadvantage.
It is not about any competitive disadvantage. It is about the BT and SEC having total control over the CFB playoffs. They plan to run it for them, and them alone. And they do intend to get into their memberships all schools that have any realistic chance of ever winning a playoff the be National Champ.

Only damned fools fail to see that and want to oppose it at all costs.

Disagree they should boycott it, if the system
Is corrupt the best way to fight it is to not give them what they want. It’s not the AVC’s fault this happend. It’s the bias of the committee and money in the tv execs pockets.
I agree the system is bad. It’s always been. I’m just saying prove the point that FSU should be in the championship by beating UGa. Boycotting is like surrendering in this case (at least to me). It also had impacts on every other acc team. If this was the plan, to boycott, fsu should have stated that before the assignment of other teams bowls. Again, this is assuming they do boycott.

Stipend plus NIL + scholarship contractual obligation written into at the beginning of the season obliging student athlete to participate in bowl games. period... Put it into the Letter of Intent they sign.

I agree the system is bad. It’s always been. I’m just saying prove the point that FSU should be in the championship by beating UGa. Boycotting is like surrendering in this case (at least to me). It also had impacts on every other acc team. If this was the plan, to boycott, fsu should have stated that before the assignment of other teams bowls. Again, this is assuming they do boycott.
True I just don’t understand how they couldn’t have said ya know what, we are going to do an emergency 6 team playoff. There everyone is happy, more emphasis on the games and the teams from the past can cry about it.

20D2F92A-6921-4DF8-8A6D-0E3971C5DF22.jpeg