As reminder: Syracuse Featured on ACCN Right Now | Syracusefan.com

As reminder: Syracuse Featured on ACCN Right Now

Disappointing the repeat content.
Yes, the ACCN did it’s usual shoddy job. Wasting a bunch of time on the road trip showing part of the traditions segment just aired is something this third rate bunch would of course do. Sigh.

I haven’t ever heard Cuff or Manuel say anything interesting. Ever. Very bland and predicable, as always. What a shame they went on the cheap and hired such low quality talent. Maybe they will do something interesting in the last 20 minutes, I hope so.

The traditions segment was okay. They spent way too much time on lacrosse and really should have just focused on lacrosse this time. Do one on basketball later and another on football.

That said, I think these were their first efforts to create any Syracuse content whatsoever. I guess I should be happy they threw us a bone, even if it was small and had no meat on it.

I continue to hope they fire everyone and start up from scratch with competent staffing. The SEC and B1G network production values and quality of programming are decades ahead of what these ACCN clowns are doing.

Last edited:
Yes, the ACCN did it’s usual shoddy job. Wasting a bunch of time on the road trip showing part of the traditions segment just aired is something this third rate bunch would of course do. Sigh.

I haven’t ever heard Cuff or Manuel say anything interesting. Ever. Very bland and predicable, as always. What a shame they went on the cheap and hired such low quality talent. Maybe they will do something interesting in the last 20 minutes, I hope so.

The traditions segment was okay. They spent way too much time on lacrosse and really should have just focused on lacrosse this time. Do one on basketball later and another on football.

That said, I think these were their first efforts to create any Syracuse content whatsoever. I guess I should be happy they threw us a bone, even if it was small and had no meat on it.

I continue to hope they fire everyone and start up from scratch with competent staffing. The SEC and B1G network production values and quality of programming are decades ahead of what these ACCN clowns are doing.
For the fans it was "ok" but I thought it was a pretty good piece for recruiting athletes to Syracuse.

Wow, I’m not usually Mr. Positive around here but I thought they did a decent job with 60 minutes of content off of 1-10. Accn isn’t ever going to be fantastically produced. It was a bunch of positive about us, with good imagery around the school and facilities. I appreciated the history and some of the catchy stats (1 of 8 teams with 8 hofers, for instance). Some interesting fluff with the dome changeover. It was fine.

They started production this morning. Only so much you can shoot, edit, and flip in 11 hours.

Wow, I’m not usually Mr. Positive around here but I thought they did a decent job with 60 minutes of content off of 1-10. Accn isn’t ever going to be fantastically produced. It was a bunch of positive about us, with good imagery around the school and facilities. I appreciated the history and some of the catchy stats (1 of 8 teams with 8 hofers, for instance). Some interesting fluff with the dome changeover. It was fine.
I agree. I thought that it was extremely positive and positioned Syracuse as a special and unique school and venue.

They were very high on our youth and their talent level. Spoke to the fact that we are the only show in town. I was impressed with Chris and Mikel. Predicted 6 possibly more wins.
All in all something to build on.

Also said we should be competing for the ACC Championship next year. All positive and could help recruiting.

I do agree that the ACCN hasn’t done much content on us to date though and to much focus on Lacrosse in the segment rather than just football but beggars can’t be choosy sometimes.

I thought it was great piece and I thought the hosts did a good job to. I enjoyed it.

Elmore on any players who’ve stood out to him. He mentions Jason Simmons and Oronde Gadsden. Mentions they pop off the page at him.

Gotta say, the top of the dome looks pretty sick (for you old folks, I don’t mean it looks like it needs a vaccine or some NyQuil). The dome was always pretty easy to identify before but was starting to look a little communist Russia in style. Really has a cool look to it that when shown on tv will be easy for non SU fans to say, oh yeah that’s the dome.

Gotta say, the top of the dome looks pretty sick (for you old folks, I don’t mean it looks like it needs a vaccine or some NyQuil). The dome was always pretty easy to identify before but was starting to look a little communist Russia in style. Really has a cool look to it that when shown on tv will be easy for non SU fans to say, oh yeah that’s the dome.
Any truth to rumors that musco is installing lighting on the crown truss?

I loved the interview with Mikel. He sounds so positive about the upcoming season especially on the progress of the offense. Said everyone is more in sync with what needs to happen. I'm very excited about this season now.
The interview with Mikel was aired after my post. That was the best part of the show. He is a really impressive young man. Rhino did well too but they went with too much fluff with him. Bad interviewers.

Last edited:
The interview with Mikel was aired after my post. That was the best part of the show. He is a really impressive young man. Rhino did well too but they went with too much fluff with him. Bad interviewers.
They hire NC based talent mostly. Very few Newhouse...

Didn't those guys say that all their staff are Cuse grads? For fluff I thought it was fine.

I could be combining two shows? but the lax stuff was cool and JB's quote on Jim Brown kicking butt in three varsity sports in one day was worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom