Ashoka | Syracusefan.com

Ashoka

RF2044

Living Legend
Freaking awesome first two episodes.

Rosario Dawson looks amazing [we saw her previewed in the Mandalorian] in the titular role. Also interesting to see the cast of the animated series, Star Wars: Rebels, in live action.

Action scenes have been great, too -- and really cool "evil" Jedi.

Off to a great start.

Freaking awesome first two episodes.

Rosario Dawson looks amazing [we saw her previewed in the Mandalorian] in the titular role. Also interesting to see the cast of the animated series, Star Wars: Rebels, in live action.

Action scenes have been great, too -- and really cool "evil" Jedi.

Off to a great start.

I’m repeating myself I think but I really look forward to the live action conversions of these characters (Ashoka, Sabine, Cad Bane etc..)

Cant wait to see what they do with Thrawn

I saw episode one last night. I was quite disappointed. Writing had some dumb ‘mistakes,’ the direction was awkward (edit timing?), and overall I felt it was childish, not leaning toward the sophistication of Andor.

Hoping episode 2 knocks me on my tuchus.

I saw episode one last night. I was quite disappointed. Writing had some dumb ‘mistakes,’ the direction was awkward (edit timing?), and overall I felt it was childish, not leaning toward the sophistication of Andor.

Hoping episode 2 knocks me on my tuchus.

Andor was exceptional -- no argument there.

But disagree with the rest of your assessment, which is fine. Really enjoyed both episodes.

Andor was exceptional -- no argument there.

But disagree with the rest of your assessment, which is fine. Really enjoyed both episodes.
really liked it so far. I have zero complaints about it and i went in very cynical.

So, are the animated shows "required" viewing before continuing on with the series? Or can I just pick the occasional cartoon to get additional context along the way?

So, are the animated shows "required" viewing before continuing on with the series? Or can I just pick the occasional cartoon to get additional context along the way?

I would say not required, but the background context from Rebels / Clone Wars is canon-izing the cartoons, and helps explain things.

I don’t know anything about Ashoka, but Ahsoka on Disney Plus is pretty good.

IMG_0299.jpeg

AKAUSHI. AKA means red and USHI means cattle.
haven't seen the movie but man what a delicious steak if you can find it.

The first couple episodes were okay but the last few have been absolute bangers. This most recent one was the first time I’ve actually wished we had gotten live action Clone Wars.

Pretty underwhelming in my humble opinion. I thought Episode 7 was actually bad due to non-sensical writing choices.

Pretty underwhelming in my humble opinion. I thought Episode 7 was actually bad due to non-sensical writing choices.
Trending towards seeing it your way.

Started good, has some really fantastic episodes in the middle, last few have been underwhelming (putting it mildly).

Thrawn is cool, though.

I'm only a few episodes in, and... yeah. I was a bit optimistic going forward based on a comment above ("bangers") but i just have no interest or momentum. And the reviews i've read validate my issues with it.

I'm going to have to try to get back into it, but more out of a sense of obligation.

Next, they're coming out with a series about Star Wars kids? Ugggh. I wonder how the ratings compare, Andor vs Obi and Ahsoka.

They've left alot of stuff to wrap up in the finale. Which makes me expect a combination of no answers, rushed answers, and a clffhanger leading into a multiyear wait for a conclusion.

Supposedly, this is leading into a movie that connects the original trilogy to the sequels. If so, I see the finale ending with them leaving the planet/galaxy. Then the movie starts with the text scrawl explaining time gap to wherever they want to begin the story.

Finale was awesome. Series might have been more successful overall with six episodes instead of eight.

For my money, Andor was the best Star Wars to date. Full stop. It was astoundingly good. It's shocking the same company made it.
Andor is so far above anything else the Star Wars galaxy has ever given us IMO that it feels unfair to even make comparisons to it.

I thought Ahsoka was pretty good overall, one of the better live action offerings we’ve gotten since the original trilogy, but not peak Mandalorian or Rogue One levels. Much better than BoBF and Kenobi though but falls short of the animated series’ that inspired it.

Really bummed Ray Stevenson passed away but
feels like they’ll need to recast because his story arc is seemingly extremely important.

Andor is so far above anything else the Star Wars galaxy has ever given us IMO that it feels unfair to even make comparisons to it.
ok...

OIP.I5kFT6mT-V0uP2lco88KwwHaKm.jpeg

did someone forget their pocket protector ?