Ask yourself: Why would accusers lie? | Syracusefan.com

Ask yourself: Why would accusers lie?

liljoe

Scout Team
Now ask yourself, why would someone molest young boys?

If you are like me, you've come up with far more rational/logical reasons for an accuser to lie than for someone to molest them. It's far more easy to understand why one would lie as opposed to why one would molest children.

How is it then that society as a whole is so quick to take the side of the accuser, the one who has a far more logical reason for lying, than the accused who it is difficult to comprehend how someone could do something so monstrous?

saw dr drew pinsky on tv last night. Interestingly enough, he touched on why someone would lie. And it wasn't about just $$. He says that some who falsely accuse are victims of abuse but just not with the person they accuse. Often, the person they accuse has been good to them.

saw dr drew pinsky on tv last night. Interestingly enough, he touched on why someone would lie. And it wasn't about just $$. He says that some who falsely accuse are victims of abuse but just not with the person they accuse. Often, the person they accuse has been good to them.

Based on how Bobby Davis appeared in the interview (breaking down crying), I think it's highly probable that he was abused by someone as a child.

But whether he was abused by Bernie or not, it's obvious that this guy feels so much anger towards Bernie that he wants to tear him down as much as possible. He may have felt betrayed by Bernie, who he looked to as a father-figure and perhaps Bernie told him around 2001 enough was enough, I'm not your father, you have to support yourself and move on.

This could be what sparked Davis' disdain and is his motive.

I feel it needs to be said that in sexual abuse cases the first reaction, in the majority of cases, is to blame the accuser or alleged victim; especially if the alleged abuser is well-liked, a relative, friend, esteemed colleague, or whatever. I'm not saying that Bernie is guilty. I'm simply offering my experience from years of working in social services.

I have not commented on this situation because I don't know the facts. I want to believe that Bernie Fine, who I know casually (he's gotten me tickets to SU games in LA, etc), is innocent. However, I am unwilling to trash the accusers as many others on this board and other places are doing. I prefer to wait until the investigation is completed to make any judgment(s). At this point, Bernie is innocent, until proven guilty.

Really?
I feel it needs to be said that in sexual abuse cases the first reaction, in the majority of cases, is to blame the accuser or alleged victim; especially if the alleged abuser is well-liked, a relative, friend, esteemed colleague, or whatever.

Really? I've never sensed that the majority of molestation cases are initially blamed on the child. Never heard the explanation that little Susie was dressed suggestively when she showed up at daycare, or uncle Timmy's house.

"The way she was drinking from that dippy cup, she must have been asking for it."

Sorry, I just don't believe what you just stated.

So be it. Reread my post. I said sexual abuse cases, not solely child sexual abuse cases. Further, I respect your opinion; however, I'll stay with the experience I've had with over 20 years of working in social services.

Not to play psychologist here, because I'm the furthest thing from it, but here's my simple analysis:

Davis was abandoned by his biological father at an early age. This obviously ingrains deep abandonment issues. His mother also seems to have issues being involved in his life, which could deepen the abandonment issues.

Along comes Fine, during a time when Davis is very impressionable. Fine became a quote "father figure" to Davis, in absence of his real long-gone father and non-involved mother.

This pseudo father like relationship continues for 15 or so years, but there was obviously a break in the relationship, which appears to be over money.

Davis forms resentment toward Fine, someone he took to be his replacement father, because he was not there in time of need ($$$) for Bobby.

Bobby creates story to get back at Fine, but also as a weird way of crying for help over his abandonment issues. He has been hurt (abandoned) by the parent figures in his life, over and over again, and he now wants to create pain in their lives. Unfortunately it seems Fine was target #1, probably because he has serious "daddy issues".

Abandonment is a serious psychological issue that can cause people to do crazy things later in life. Many serial killers were sparked by abandonment issues. Many women go into Pron and prostitution because of abandonment issues. Many alcoholics and drug addicts use because of abandonment issues. It goes on and on.

So be it. Reread my post. I said sexual abuse cases, not solely child sexual abuse cases. Further, I respect your opinion; however, I'll stay with the experience I've had with over 20 years of working in social services.

Sorry. Considering this controversy is about child sexual abuse, I figured you were still sticking to that topic...

I feel it needs to be said that in sexual abuse cases the first reaction, in the majority of cases, is to blame the accuser or alleged victim; especially if the alleged abuser is well-liked, a relative, friend, esteemed colleague, or whatever. I'm not saying that Bernie is guilty. I'm simply offering my experience from years of working in social services.

I have not commented on this situation because I don't know the facts. I want to believe that Bernie Fine, who I know casually (he's gotten me tickets to SU games in LA, etc), is innocent. However, I am unwilling to trash the accusers as many others on this board and other places are doing. I prefer to wait until the investigation is completed to make any judgment(s). At this point, Bernie is innocent, until proven guilty.
How many investigations would satisfy you? Two facts are that two separate investigations have proven this "victim" to be a liar. That is the crux of why many are trashing this person. He lies.

How many investigations would satisfy you? Two facts are that two separate investigations have proven this "victim" to be a liar. That is the crux of why many are trashing this person. He lies.

There were 3 separate investigations, no? ESPN OTL, P-S, and the Cuse lawfirm. And Mike Waters said in a Podcast that Lang was interviewed in 2002 and vehemently denied any wrongdoing. Combine that with the Syracuse bball shrine in his house and it looks really, really bad.

To quote the sign from the dome last night: "Ka-ching, Ka-ching. They're after Bernie's bling."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom