Assistant Coach and Lydon | Syracusefan.com

Assistant Coach and Lydon

CuseMan4

Starter
Just talked to a person I know within the program and they said Lydon HAS NOT signed with an agent. He told the staff he will go through the combine and wait for feedback but the staff still expects him to be gone.

Also, not really new news but expect the hire of the assistant coach to come relatively soon, would not be surprised to be done by weeks end. The search is narrowed down and there was a lot of interest in the job from outside the program.

Our track record with recent players who test the waters, don't hire an agent, and come back to SU are pretty much slim to none. The last one I can recall doing that is CJ Fair.

Would love to know some names they are looking at.

Our track record with recent players who test the waters, don't hire an agent, and come back to SU are pretty much slim to none. The last one I can recall doing that is CJ Fair.

Would love to know some names they are looking at.
Yeah like I said staff still expects him to leave and unfornately I did not get names. Didn't want to be too noisy when asking but there was more interest from outside than they expected.

Yeah like I said staff still expects him to leave and unfornately I did not get names. Didn't want to be too noisy when asking but there was more interest from outside than they expected.
Weird. I read here that the program is in a death spiral. Strange there was so much interest. Sinking ship and all... :noidea:

Hope your source is accurate. Lyndon should test the waters. It'd be great if he waited to sign, keeping all options open. Still don't think he'll be back, but hope his decision is a fully informed one and that would be the best way to do that.

Based on the names our Syracuse.com 'reporters' have been throwing out let's hope the interest from outside the current program are under serious consideration. Replacing a 2o+ year guy will require real experience in both coaching and recruiting.

Hope your source is accurate. Lyndon should test the waters. It'd be great if he waited to sign, keeping all options open. Still don't think he'll be back, but hope his decision is a fully informed one and that would be the best way to do that.

Based on the names our Syracuse.com 'reporters' have been throwing out let's hope the interest from outside the current program are under serious consideration. Replacing a 2o+ year guy will require real experience in both coaching and recruiting.
I don't care if the guy sits on the end of the bench and drools all game. Just get us someone who can recruit.

Just talked to a person I know within the program and they said Lydon HAS NOT signed with an agent. He told the staff he will go through the combine and wait for feedback but the staff still expects him to be gone.

Also, not really new news but expect the hire of the assistant coach to come relatively soon, would not be surprised to be done by weeks end. The search is narrowed down and there was a lot of interest in the job from outside the program.

Thanks for the info, CuseMan

I don't care if the guy sits on the end of the bench and drools all game. Just get us someone who can recruit.
Dean Francis (@OttosWorld365) | Twitter
sGhmRl6b_400x400.jpg

But people here said nobody would want to come here because of the job security...as if college bball assistants aren't used to that.

Great stuff man, appreciate it

Great stuff as always Cuseman - do you think it will be an outside hire? Sure sounds like it...
Could not tell you, Boeheim has always been bias towards hiring someone with Syracuse connections so I wouldn't be surprised if it's Griffin, Wellman or even Devo. But I think he actually might go outside this time (just a guess)

as always, thanks much for letting us in on some of this stuff!

That's what JAB said during the press conference as well. Lydon assured him he hadn't hired an agent.

Could not tell you, Boeheim has always been bias towards hiring someone with Syracuse connections so I wouldn't be surprised if it's Griffin, Wellman or even Devo. But I think he actually might go outside this time (just a guess)
Man, if there is outside interest (especialy more than expected) I will be pretty letdown if we still go with Wellman or Devo...

Man, if there is outside interest (especialy more than expected) I will be pretty letdown if we still go with Wellman or Devo...
Wellman would not be a bad hire in my opinion, Devo would not be the best however.

We have no idea if Tyler will return but it is not far fetched to think that he might. Given his relatively pedestrian offensive performance and the collapse of his team, his stock has probably declined. A year ago White III was told that he needs work and he pulled out. Tyler might hear likewise. Before you all jump in about potential, he possesses neither unusual height or quickness.

Have to say, that would be pretty funny.

And there's Coach Parker, at the end of the bench. In our pre-game meeting with the staff yesterday, they said he's a great recruiter, big in-game drooler, so look to see a lot of that today.

If Devo and Wellman are already on staff, what advantage would it pose (the team/JB) to "promote" them - they're already here. Sliding down the bench is a nice thank you, but unless a new title means one of them is suddenly a power recruiter, I don't see how that can happen - not now. For argument's sake, can't either one coach and recruit in their current roles?

If Devo and Wellman are already on staff, what advantage would it pose (the team/JB) to "promote" them - they're already here. Sliding down the bench is a nice thank you, but unless a new title means one of them is suddenly a power recruiter, I don't see how that can happen - not now. For argument's sake, can't either one coach and recruit in their current roles?
I don't believe as the Director of Basketball Operations that Wellman is allowed to coach or recruit.

I am not sure what Devo's role is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom