Assistant Coach and Lydon | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Assistant Coach and Lydon

We have no idea if Tyler will return but it is not far fetched to think that he might. Given his relatively pedestrian offensive performance and the collapse of his team, his stock has probably declined. A year ago White III was told that he needs work and he pulled out. Tyler might hear likewise. Before you all jump in about potential, he possesses neither unusual height or quickness.
Unfair comparison - I don't think you would have a single mock draft that had AW3 going in the 1st round last year - almost every mock you see has Lydon going round 1.

Hey has Moten been mentioned? He has some connections doesn't he?

But people here said nobody would want to come here because of the job security...as if college bball assistants aren't used to that.
A guaranteed contract takes care of that

No mom would let her son play for Devo

That made me smile, and in the past it may have been more true. The good thing is: 1) most moms wont know about Devo's antics, and 2)Regardless if they know of them, Devo is a changed man now, someone who can inspire many folks to change. I think a lot of moms might see that as a benefit.

I offer his Twitter as evidence. Check out the first video in it about "not ever living". A lot of his past tweets were of a spiritually "awake" nature, although now he's gotten more active in exposing the ills of society, somewhat like myself. He certainly seems like a different guy to me: Eric Devendorf (@edeven23) | Twitter (there's a nice podcast interview on there too The SLAM Podcast Episode 43: Eric Devendorf Insightful commentary on kids being more sensitive these days, etc, etc)

Allen Griffin seems like a sound choice. Knows success with our program, currently with a successful program at Dayton ... recruiting is one of his currentvresponsibilities but don't know which recruits are "his" or his geographic area.

Our track record with recent players who test the waters, don't hire an agent, and come back to SU are pretty much slim to none. The last one I can recall doing that is CJ Fair.

Would love to know some names they are looking at.
Lydon has already picked the agent out. Highly doubtful that he will come back. That is pretty far down the line. He would have to be told that he won't be a first round pick. And I don't think he will be told that. 25-30 maybe. But not second round.

Allen Griffin seems like a sound choice. Knows success with our program, currently with a successful program at Dayton ... recruiting is one of his currentvresponsibilities but don't know which recruits are "his" or his geographic area.
I'd have to think he was responsible for getting them their PG Scoochie Smith, who was a 4-star (ESPN #106 in '13) from the Bronx but played at Putnam Science Academy in CT, same school as Ayala & Hami Diallo.

Griff would have to be crazy to come here. He has job security up the wazoo with Archie. Coming here, our coach is 72, soon to be 73. Why come here?

I think its smart to hold off on the agent, I think we all expected him to test the waters, not sure how this agent story got so out of hand.

I think its smart to hold off on the agent, I think we all expected him to test the waters, not sure how this agent story got so out of hand.
It got so out of hand because he picked out his agent and was all set to sign with him and Jb talked him out of it. Don't get your hopes up. He is most likely gone.

It drives me insane when I see "Lyndon" on this board. Or the misspelling of any of our players' name.

Post #5, not worth a quote.

We have no idea if Tyler will return but it is not far fetched to think that he might. Given his relatively pedestrian offensive performance and the collapse of his team, his stock has probably declined. A year ago White III was told that he needs work and he pulled out. Tyler might hear likewise. Before you all jump in about potential, he possesses neither unusual height or quickness.

So if he's not going to improve his height or quickness, wouldn't it make sense for him to leave now and get the money while it's still and option? Seems like the perfect candidate to leave right now.

So if he's not going to improve his height or quickness, wouldn't it make sense for him to leave now and get the money while it's still and option? Seems like the perfect candidate to leave right now.

Ok lets take it from an Nba scout's perspective, what do you like about his game right now?

Ok lets take it from an Nba scout's perspective, what do you like about his game right now?

Sometimes you have to look at it from other perspectives. I understand the point you're trying to make but in all reality and this is based off of many years of data, it's almost career killing to stay longer than it is to leave early.

But people here said nobody would want to come here because of the job security...as if college bball assistants aren't used to that.
its a tough racket, especially if you have kids. I wouldn't want to do it; too hard to put down roots. assistant coaches with long term, steady and stable employment like Hopkins and Bernie Fine are very, very rare.

It drives me insane when I see "Lyndon" on this board. Or the misspelling of any of our players' name.

Post #5, not worth a quote.

While I agree about misspelling players names, that is not the case here. Autocorrect changes the correct spelling to Lyndon. The one that bothers me is calling Chukwu "7-2" or any variation of that. Makes him seem more like a side of beef than a person. I use initials a lot because it is easier, that may irk some people too.

That made me smile, and in the past it may have been more true. The good thing is: 1) most moms wont know about Devo's antics, and 2)Regardless if they know of them, Devo is a changed man now, someone who can inspire many folks to change. I think a lot of moms might see that as a benefit.

I offer his Twitter as evidence. Check out the first video in it about "not ever living". A lot of his past tweets were of a spiritually "awake" nature, although now he's gotten more active in exposing the ills of society, somewhat like myself. He certainly seems like a different guy to me: Eric Devendorf (@edeven23) | Twitter (there's a nice podcast interview on there too The SLAM Podcast Episode 43: Eric Devendorf Insightful commentary on kids being more sensitive these days, etc, etc)
Dude, just wanted to give you a shout out for posting the link to that Slam podcast with Devo. It was as entertaining and insightful as you promised. Former player, current staff member. Some really good inside stuff about working with individual players, jb, gmac, the zone, aau, draft, Lydon's low shot attempts, tt's potential, etc. And that's just the beginning..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom