Assistant Coaches and Support | Syracusefan.com

Assistant Coaches and Support

elimunelson

Solvay Fanatic
Anyone have any idea where their heads are right now? Are they not allowed in the facilities and just twisting in the wind? Interviewing?

I feel really bad for those guys b/c i'm sure they'd like a shot to catch on w a new coaching staff if possible. Has to be a really weird time for them especially during the holiday season.

Are you talking about Shafer's staff? They were all released and I guess are free to pursue other opportunities. Not sure what the market for assistants are now since there are still so many HC openings currently.

Assistant movement usually picks up around the coaches convention, not sure when that is exactly, but it's soon. Then usually staffs stay semi-static until after signing day, and then the next round of assistant movement picks up.

There were a few support staff folks retained (Eric White, Coal Dial, Bob Brotzki?, etc.). Basically non-coaches are still employed and managing the program for now.

Yes I meant Shafer's staff. Wasn't sure the Whites/Dials are under Shafer or under the general AD Dept. I just wonder if they have left Syracuse or are just lingering around.

The longer this goes, it has to be tough for those folks.

Yes I meant Shafer's staff. Wasn't sure the Whites/Dials are under Shafer or under the general AD Dept. I just wonder if they have left Syracuse or are just lingering around.

The longer this goes, it has to be tough for those folks.
I am sure they are interviewing elsewhere already.

Are you talking about Shafer's staff? They were all released and I guess are free to pursue other opportunities. Not sure what the market for assistants are now since there are still so many HC openings currently.

Assistant movement usually picks up around the coaches convention, not sure when that is exactly, but it's soon. Then usually staffs stay semi-static until after signing day, and then the next round of assistant movement picks up.

There were a few support staff folks retained (Eric White, Coal Dial, Bob Brotzki?, etc.). Basically non-coaches are still employed and managing the program for now.

I might be wrong but that convention isn't until January. I am sure they are already looking.

Truthfully, everyone talks about how bad they feel about Shafer, he'll be okay and find a good job in a second. I feel bad for the Staff who need to scramble-Hope they all find something good, including a couple staying on.

I think Amato comes into play just to fire Will Hicks. Amato became head coach of N.C. St. at about the time Hicks showed up here. Amato went to N.C.St. in 2000 and Hicks showed up here in 2000:)

If I read correctly the staff had to be cleared out by Monday.

We're getting the band back together again?
I've seen this movie...
groundhog-day-driving.jpg