Assuming we are playing a year on the road... | Syracusefan.com

Assuming we are playing a year on the road...

orangeinjersey

All Conference
2016, 2017 whatever. Do you think the number of guaranteed years is the sticking point here? You figure any coach would want a 4 year deal. An indemand guy would want 5. Throw in the year on the road, could our targets be demanding that 6th year? In essence a mulligan for the year on the road?? Could that be what's holding this up??

2016, 2017 whatever. Do you think the number of guaranteed years is the sticking point here? You figure any coach would want a 4 year deal. An indemand guy would want 5. Throw in the year on the road, could our targets be demanding that 6th year? In essence a mulligan for the year on the road?? Could that be what's holding this up??

Don;t assume anything yet...

No, I wouldn't assume that. For some coaches, that might actually be a SELLING point, about the future direction of the program.

Short term impediement--no doubt--but for long term benefit.

The possibility of a year on the road has to be the gorilla in the corner during contract negotiations.

The possibility of a year on the road has to be the gorilla in the corner during contract negotiations.

From the FWIW department, I was told in the Bahamas that the phased reconstruction with a new exoskeleton being build around and above the current Dome is highly likely to be the approach and will be announced before the end of the year.

From the FWIW department, I was told in the Bahamas that the phased reconstruction with a new exoskeleton being build around and above the current Dome is highly likely to be the approach and will be announced before the end of the year.
I was told the exact same thing. The year on the road isn't set in stone just yet.

Yeah, take it with a grain of salt, but I'll be very surprised if football or basketball is shut out of the Dome for any amount of time.

Lacrosse and Commencement, on the other hand...

I've only ever heard one bit of info about the movement of games from somebody I consider a source, that was very early on when the rumors started to surface and it was that no football or basketball would be effected.

I know others who have heard differently, but, that's the only thing I ever heard about it.

I was told at first football would be at buffalo for one season. What I heard a few days ago is they are trying to schedule certain aspects to allow for no seasons on the road. I was told that some of the areas it's very doable but on some there are concerns. One is safety and the other has to do with keeping the existing Dome pressurized

I was told at first football would be at buffalo for one season. What I heard a few days ago is they are trying to schedule certain aspects to allow for no seasons on the road. I was told that some of the areas it's very doable but on some there are concerns. One is safety and the other has to do with keeping the existing Dome pressurized

Right. Constant pressurization shouldn't be so difficult if a new superstructure is built around the existing occupied building, but imagine a few tower cranes moving steel 200 feet above the ground during a windy Syracuse winter. Any bit of contact with the roof and suddenly they've got a disaster on their hands.

That will be tricky, along with maintaining safe and somewhat convenient ingress/egress to tens of thousands of people through an active construction site on ~30 different days in the middle of a busy campus.

Right. Constant pressurization shouldn't be so difficult if a new superstructure is built around the existing occupied building, but imagine a few tower cranes moving steel 200 feet above the ground during a windy Syracuse winter. Any bit of contact with the roof and suddenly they've got a disaster on their hands.

That will be tricky, along with maintaining safe and somewhat convenient ingress/egress to tens of thousands of people through an active construction site on ~30 different days in the middle of a busy campus.
I'd go with 220, 221...whatever it takes

There is also welding that should have to be done. I would assume the new roof wouldn't be much higher then the current one. Assume sparks landing on the pressurized tephlon roof is probably a bad situation

that's exactly what I heard on Saturday, safety being the biggest concern

Lets have them start construction in December of next year and just play all our hoops games at Madison Square Garden! Just own the NYC's team for one season. :)

There is also welding that should have to be done. I would assume the new roof wouldn't be much higher then the current one. Assume sparks landing on the pressurized tephlon roof is probably a bad situation

cusefan, what are the plans for the dome moving forward?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom