At UNC. ACC refs | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

At UNC. ACC refs

Best picture so far. I still don't think it was targeting. We have seen FAR more direct hits on the helmet not get called.
It was targeting simple plain as day period end of story. The picture seen above (still obvious) was taken and is a split second after the initial direct hit to the head, where this pic captures the defender when the crown of his helmet just came off to the left side and face mask of shraders helmet down to the chest and shoulder.

But make no mistake it was a DIRECT hit to the helmet initially correct targeting call, which should have been upheld as any of us can attest to where it happened right in front of us with a ridiculously loud “crack“ helmet to helmet hit.

All yas for some reason, still trying to deny this, plz shut your yaps. This was a game changing call, unlike the latest screw job game changing call that would not have affected the outcome of the game in the long term, the Clemson screw job, bad biased, officiating call was also a game changing call likely costing the chance to not only be competitive, but to win the game. Period end of story.

Last edited:
It’s amazing that a few wins over some tomato cans can do for confidence, especially after a couple boat races by a down Clemson and a UNC team that’s had a couple tight battles. This team just isn’t that good, it wasn’t good last year and most likely won’t be that good next year.
Some people stay even keeled regardless of the score. But when they point out warts after a tomato can blowout, they're told to shut up and their fanhood is questioned. Then the people that get way too excited after beating the tomato cans need to be talked off the cliff when we lose to really good teams.

We're not as bad as we looked yesterday and not as good as we looked in our blowouts. If we can get out of our likely FSU loss with decent health, we have a shot at a solid record when all is said and done.

It was targeting simple plain as day period end of story. The picture seen above (still obvious) was taken and is a split second after the initial direct hit to the head, where this pic captures the defender when the crown of his helmet just came off the face mask of shraders helmet down to the chest and shoulder.

But make no mistake it was a DIRECT hit to the helmet initially correct targeting call, which should have been upheld as any of us can attest to where it happened right in front of us with a ridiculously loud “crack“ helmet to helmet hit.

All yas for some reason, still trying to deny this, plz shut your yaps. This was a game changing call, unlike the latest screw job game changing call that would not have affected the outcome of the game in the long term, the Clemson screw job, bad biased, officiating call was also a game changing call likely costing the chance to not only be competitive, but to win the game. Period end of story.
I'm denying it because I was able to see a close up replay from a good angle. In real time I thought it was targeting. The replay showed that Shrader's head was up (since he didn't see it coming and wasn't bracing for impact) and then his head snapped down upon impact which is what the pic shows.

There are an abundance of screw job plays for sure. That wasn't one.

I'm denying it because I was able to see a close up replay from a good angle. In real time I thought it was targeting. The replay showed that Shrader's head was up (since he didn't see it coming and wasn't bracing for impact) and then his head snapped down upon impact which is what the pic shows.

There are an abundance of screw job plays for sure. That wasn't one.
The face mask doesn’t get misplaced like that unless hit directly as I described, which having it happen literally right in front of me was what the “crack” noise was. Guess ya had to be there have it happen right in front of you.

Was it close? Yes, but should’ve been upheld post video analysis being that close without enough evidence to go opposite especially since the rule reads head and “neck area“. That hit initially was on both before it slipped off to the shoulder pad

The face mask doesn’t get misplaced like that unless hit directly as I described, which having it happen literally right in front of me was what the “crack” noise was. Guess ya had to be there have it happen right in front of you.

Was it close? Yes, but should’ve been upheld post video analysis being that close without enough evidence to go opposite especially since the rule reads head and “neck area“. That hit initially was on both before it slipped off to the shoulder pad
Sure it does. His head snapped down hard. I've seen helmets pop off completely from hits that weren't helmet ro helmet. I believe you believe what you saw from where you sat. I know what I saw from an optimal camera angle with the advantage of knowing what to watch for having already seen the play a moment earlier. And I was waiting to irately jump out of my chair as they showed the replay. I was pretty disappointed when I had to change my opinion.

SUFB is very undisciplined, most penalties in FBS last season and still up there this season. Penalties also consistently get called against us while the opposition doesn’t get the same calls while committing the same penalties. Both can be true as it’s not mutually exclusive.

Not a “cheap excuse”, it’s a fact that is discussed almost weekly during conference play. Case in point, the targeting against Shrader last week. Care to explain to all of us what the indisputable evidence was to overturn the ruling on the field so quickly?
Yes we have been and that accounts for much of the problem; however, there is at least one inexplicable blown call, in every game, like the one in yesterday’s game and the reversal of the targeting call vs Clemson!

Or the BLATANT not called hold down in FSU 2 years ago that gave FSU the win. You could see the jersey get pulled on live TV as Jordan Travis cut around the edge and the umpire did nothing, FSU wins 33-30. Nobody can convince me southern bias isn’t real.

I woke up to the no call on my timeline on twitter. Just as bad as I remember it.

I still dont get how they screwed up the punt call.. Maybe you could argue that in some strange way they couldnt get a good view.. But on top of everything else he fumbled the ball backwards as well. So even if you think he got the line the ball went OB clearly behind the line.. and how do you make SU use a TO to challenge the call as well?

Calls get missed, replays should not.

I still dont get how they screwed up the punt call.. Maybe you could argue that in some strange way they couldnt get a good view.. But on top of everything else he fumbled the ball backwards as well. So even if you think he got the line the ball went OB clearly behind the line.. and how do you make SU use a TO to challenge the call as well?

Calls get missed, replays should not.
It’s called the ACC mafia, expect more of the same if it’s close toward the end, or more likely early to prevent it from being close. Sad, but as we’ve seen an endless amount of times now, true.

If i were Dino i would have used last week as the time to complain.

You might get suspended and what better week than a game you have a small chance to win.. It might rally the team.

You might get fined.. But really how much is the fine going to be 10k 20k like Brey got?

You are making millions whats 20k..

Make a statement. There should be more clarity to the fan bases which is why these teams make the tv money..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom