Class of 2017 - ATH Daewood Davis (FL) Now Flipped to Oregon/ Transferred to WKU/Signed as UDFA to Miami | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 ATH Daewood Davis (FL) Now Flipped to Oregon/ Transferred to WKU/Signed as UDFA to Miami

Wow. Obviously, have to keep an eye on this one...he did try to commit to Miami already, after all. But wow! Here's your elite WR.

Honestly I wish he was a 2016 kid, going to be extremely difficult to keep him committed for a year and half especially if he blows up again this fall. Still you sure as heck dont tell him to wait if he wants to commit, a great pickup if we can keep him onboard.

Free Article...

http://www.At their request, this n...59311-daewood-davis-is-all-in-with-the-orange

Daewood Davis Is All in With the Orange
Corey BenderFlorida Recruiting Analyst
This story was originally published on ScoutFootball.com.
Syracuse's coaching staff was brimming with joy when they received word that Daewood Davis bought into their vision and committed to their football program on Monday afternoon.

Davis, a product of Pembroke Pines (Fla.) Somorset Academy Charter, just wrapped up his sophomore year and is armed with additional offers from the likes of Louisville, NC State, Nebraska, Marshall, Utah and Florida Atlantic.

"I choose Syracuse because I had a dream that I was in a Syracuse jersey and we were in the national championship," Davis said. "After that, it just hit me and I thought Syracuse was the place for me.

"They also have the major that I want to major in, which is Criminal Justice. The other thing that really impressed me was the fan base."

http://imgix.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./153/1537793.jpg?w=200&h=200&fit=crop&crop=facesAwaiting Image
Daewood Davis
Somerset Academy Charter High / 6'2" / 176 lbs
  • PositionWR
  • Committed

All throughout the Sunshine State, there's been a positive reception from recruits when it comes to Syracuse's football program under the guidance of Scott Shafer. The Orange inked a trio of Florida natives back in February, and have already reached that number in the 2016 class with National Signing Day still nearly seven months down the road.

"I speak with (offensive line) coach Joe Adam and we have a wonderful relationship," Davis said. "Coach Joe and I are every cool, and there's a lot of energy when we talk. We enjoy speaking with each other and he loves my determination.

"The whole Syracuse staff would love to have me. We can make history and put Syracuse on top of the rankings."

Davis is a kid that emerged on the recruiting scene shortly after the 2014 season, and it didn't take long for the offers to start pouring in on a weekly basis.

Possessing legit 4.4 speed, Davis shows good body control and concentration when tracking the football through the air. After reeling in the catch, the wide receiver shows good burst and a second gear in the open field as well.

Davis has to continue to hit the weight room and strengthen up his frame leading up to his arrival in the Empire State, but has the deep speed and play-making ability to get the Carrier Dome rocking on Saturdays.

"Syracuse can expect big plays, touchdowns and hype," Daewood said. "I like to stay around with my coaches and work out a lot. I have a lot of determination."

Davis, who becomes Syracuse's first commitment in the class of 2017, has yet to lock in a date but hopes to visit Syracuse's campus as early as next month.