Class of 2017 - ATH Daewood Davis (FL) Now Flipped to Oregon/ Transferred to WKU/Signed as UDFA to Miami | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 ATH Daewood Davis (FL) Now Flipped to Oregon/ Transferred to WKU/Signed as UDFA to Miami

Been saying it all along, McDonald was grossly over rated for his recruiting prowess while at Syracuse.

All along? I think I can go back and see where all of us thought he was a great recruiter that first cycle bringing in Ish. The bloom did come off the rose quickly though.

Last edited:
All along? I think I can go back and see where all of us thought he was a great recruiter that first cycle bringing in Ish. The bloom did come off the rose quickly though.

I was fighting people all last season over McDonald. Yes, at very first I thought McDonald would be great for us, but after the 1st class, that changed very quickly.

I'd very much like for you to go back to last year and see what I was saying about him.

I was fighting people all last season over McDonald. Yes, at very first I thought McDonald would be great for us, but after the 1st class, that changed very quickly.

I'd very much like for you to go back to last year and see what I was saying about him.

OK...

"I never said McDonald is a cancer, and think he is doing a great job after a difficult situation (which sounds more and more like McDonald got a raw deal). I'm all for McDonald sticking around as the WR coach, and like I said above, it sounds like there is a pretty decent chance of that happening. George is good for the program. We need a charismatic guy that can give the coaching staff some stability The only thing I have been saying about McDonald is that I thought he has been bit over rated as a recruiter during his time here."

OK...

"I never said McDonald is a cancer, and think he is doing a great job after a difficult situation (which sounds more and more like McDonald got a raw deal). I'm all for McDonald sticking around as the WR coach, and like I said above, it sounds like there is a pretty decent chance of that happening. George is good for the program. We need a charismatic guy that can give the coaching staff some stability The only thing I have been saying about McDonald is that I thought he has been bit over rated as a recruiter during his time here."

Slow day for you?

Slow day for you?

Heck no. You asked I looked. All I am saying is that I think we were all taken in by McD and his reputation and it took us all at least one recruiting cycle to figure it out. Although I will always be thankful for him bringing us Ishmael.

Heck no. You asked I looked. All I am saying is that I think we were all taken in by McD and his reputation and it took us all at least one recruiting cycle to figure it out. Although I will always be thankful for him bringing us Ishmael.

Everyone was drooling over the fact that he was a top 25 Rivals recruiter when he was at Minnesota and helped them get a top 20 class one year. And in 2014 he either landed or mostly landed Edouard, Ishmael, Dowels, Hudson, and KJ Williams. And the team went 7-6 with him at OC. Once KJ and Edouard didn't qualify, the 2015 class started slow rankings wise, and then the 3-9 season hit, that's when the opinions started to sour. For some sooner than others.

Your memory is accurate and I don't even have to look at old messages to know that. I guess that comes from years of dealing with Igor.

Last edited:
Everyone was drooling over the fact that he was a top 25 Rivals recruiter when he was at Minnesota and helped them get a top 20 class one year. And in 2014 he either landed or mostly landed Edouard, Ishmael, Dowels, Hudson, and KJ Williams. And the team went 7-6 with him at OC. Once KJ and Edouard didn't qualify, the 2015 class started slow rankings wise, and then the 3-9 season hit, that's when the opinions started to sour. For some sooner than others.

To think if KJ panned out and achieved some of the hype he had, Ish on the other side attracting double teams and Estime burning the seam all day (and staying healthy). That would of been one hell of a wr core.

Still holding out hope that our current prospects succeed!

I have a feeling he'll still end up coming here if we get an innovative offensive coach.

frankly who cares. the kid is 2017, i'm more concerned with putting together the 2016 class.

PhatOrange said:
frankly who cares. the kid is 2017, i'm more concerned with putting together the 2016 class.

We do need some top shelf receivers, though, and there's only one on the team now and really none to speak of in this class. So if the new guy wants to run a high octane passing offense, he's got his work cut out.

We do need some top shelf receivers, though, and there's only one on the team now and really none to speak of in this class. So if the new guy wants to run a high octane passing offense, he's got his work cut out.

Right so maybe a new coach will look at the roster and say What are we doing at wr, and then he'll go get some 2016's. There are still some to be had.

2017 signing day is 1 year and 3 months away. Might as well be a generation for a kid in fl. But would a new coach honoring 2017 kids? Would he still recruit them? Idk lot of questions.

I do believe we'll keep recruiting mcduffie because he's that good and a nykr.

It won't be any different for this staff to start at home and work out from there. Zembiac and JJones will get calls for sure.

Last edited: