Class of 2024 - ATH Trashon Dye (NJ) Committed to JMU | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 ATH Trashon Dye (NJ) Committed to JMU

PSYCH 101?
We're not used to real Blue Chippers, so we amplify the attributes of the few decent recruits we sometimes pull.
Now in comparison to what we're capable of getting under this new regime, the bar is raised, so we can now be a bit more clear-eyed about our previous prospects.
Good rule of thumb: nobody on this board has an opinion worth the paper it's not written on. We're nothing more than fanatics! :p

Trashon Dye named first team All-State in today's Star-Ledger. Led the state in rushing. Just throwing that out there.

Trashon Dye named first team All-State in today's Star-Ledger. Led the state in rushing. Just throwing that out there.
Will be rooting for the Dye brothers for sure. Also for some of the young men that decommitted. Situations can change in the blink of an eye. Just try to be fair and honest on both sides.

Who’s actively recruiting him right now based on that?

Who’s actively recruiting him right now based on that?
Unfortunately sometimes big numbers don't translate to big offers.

I remember Quendel Ellison rushing for like 2,200+ yards and 30 TDs his senior year when he led Auburn to a state title.

Ended up with almost zero recruiting interest even with those numbers and being 5'10 200 pounds, but tough runner.

Went to Albany and was out of that level of football a couple years later, and finished at Alfred

There is a lot that goes into evaluation of these prospects. Numbers don't always tell the whole story.

Good for him. Not saying we’re right to spurn him, but look at the offer list (offers from temple, maybe an old one from Rutgers).

I remember Quendel Ellison rushing for like 2,200+ yards and 30 TDs his senior year when he led Auburn to a state title.

Ended up with almost zero recruiting interest even with those numbers and being 5'10 200 pounds, but tough runner.

Went to Albany and was out of that level of football a couple years later, and finished at Alfred

There is a lot that goes into evaluation of these prospects. Numbers don't always tell the whole story.

Exactly. That was my point.

Wow, that is unbelievable that somebody with those numbers would not get any D1 interest. I live in Florida, is Auburn a big or small school? What NYS classification do they play in? Maybe that was a factor. Did he have a problem with grades or academically qualifying? That could be another reason for limited interest. Fill me in on this, it would be interesting to find out.

Wow, that is unbelievable that somebody with those numbers would not get any D1 interest. I live in Florida, is Auburn a big or small school? What NYS classification do they play in? Maybe that was a factor. Did he have a problem with grades or academically qualifying? That could be another reason for limited interest. Fill me in on this, it would be interesting to find out.
No issues. Good kid. Solid student.

Uh, not to be pedantic or anything, but -

It's not a "flip" to a school, when the prior school cut them loose long before they then committed (again).

Cuse/Fran cut a ton of Dino's croots loose, who then managed to scramble to find a landing spot,
typically several levels below P4.

Between the kids in what would've been Dino's last class (Tremble excluded),
and almost all of the guys who have portalled OUT -
it is very elucidating how incredibly few of them ended up at peer programs.

Uh, not to be pedantic or anything, but -

It's not a "flip" to a school, when the prior school cut them loose long before they then committed (again).

Cuse/Fran cut a ton of Dino's croots loose, who then managed to scramble to find a landing spot,
typically several levels below P4.

Between the kids in what would've been Dino's last class (Tremble excluded),
and almost all of the guys who have portalled OUT -
it is very elucidating how incredibly few of them ended up at peer programs.
Yeah, seeing “flip” doesn’t seem right.