Athletic Department and Newhouse | Syracusefan.com

Athletic Department and Newhouse

Lawrinson14

Master Image Editor
I posted this in another thread, but feel that it deserves its own:

In my opinion, most of the threads on the basketball/football boards regarding the horrid marketing of SU sports, the SU athletics website, etc, could be solved if the athletic department communicated more with Newhouse.

You have hundreds of the best and brightest students looking for things to put in their resume/portfolios. Also, you have a bunch of in-house professors (I personally know of several advertising professors) who have worked in the highest positions in some of the biggest advertising agencies around the globe.

From pregame/ceremonial videos, to billboards, to word of mouth grass roots campaigns, Newhouse could be a tremendous asset to the athletic department. But for some reason, the link between the two seems non-existent.

There was a link with Sports Management a few years ago- not sure if it still exists. That department has added some newer faculty who should be able to assist as well.

I posted this in another thread, but feel that it deserves its own:

In my opinion, most of the threads on the basketball/football boards regarding the horrid marketing of SU sports, the SU athletics website, etc, could be solved if the athletic department communicated more with Newhouse.

You have hundreds of the best and brightest students looking for things to put in their resume/portfolios. Also, you have a bunch of in-house professors (I personally know of several advertising professors) who have worked in the highest positions in some of the biggest advertising agencies around the globe.

From pregame/ceremonial videos, to billboards, to word of mouth grass roots campaigns, Newhouse could be a tremendous asset to the athletic department. But for some reason, the link between the two seems non-existent.
I would think the business school / marketing programs to be a place to turn for marketing

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2