AthlonSports.com ACC's Top 12 Must-See Non-Conference Games of 2014 | Syracusefan.com

AthlonSports.com ACC's Top 12 Must-See Non-Conference Games of 2014

Nails the Top 8, imho, but I'd put Iowa vs Pitt at 9 and ND vs SU at 10 then GT vs UGa and UNC vs ND. Not sure why Kentucky vs Louisville is even on this list

Cheers,
Neil

Louisville and Kentucky is an ACC vs SEC measuring stick. Plus...it is a helluva intense game.

Louisville and Kentucky is an ACC vs SEC measuring stick. Plus...it is a helluva intense game.

:yawn: Vandy and Wake is an ACC vs SEC measuring stick as well. SU vs MD can now be considered an ACC vs BiG measuring stick. I wouldn't expect that to make the Top 12 list. Louisville beating Kentucky isn't going to give the ACC a lot of national respect, which was suppose to be one of the key components to making the list.

Cheers,
Neil

:yawn: Vandy and Wake is an ACC vs SEC measuring stick as well. SU vs MD can now be considered an ACC vs BiG measuring stick. I wouldn't expect that to make the Top 12 list. Louisville beating Kentucky isn't going to give the ACC a lot of national respect, which was suppose to be one of the key components to making the list.

Cheers,
Neil

Louisville losing to Kentucky does though. I love watching college football as that game has always been intense and you're obviously welcome to your opinion but I've watched this rivalry game for years and enjoyed it immensely.

Here is some useless information on the last 11 meetings

If form holds it's Louisville's turn to win this year

Louisville has won the last three contests

2713 2013
3214 2012
2417 2011

Kentucky won the previous 4 in a row

Louisville won the previous 4 in a row

Here is some useless information on the last 11 meetings

If form holds it's Louisville's turn to win this year

Louisville has won the last three contests

2713 2013
3214 2012
2417 2011

Kentucky won the previous 4 in a row

Louisville won the previous 4 in a row

Crazy isn't it? I've seen those games and the turnover/score and the crazy that goes with these games, I love watching bitter rival games...love it.

Cheers,
Neil
Kentucky was 2-10 last year. The only thing interesting in the UL-UK game will be if it ends up being UK's 9th, 10th or 11th loss of the season.

SU-ND is going to be a lot more interesting and pertinent nationally.

Florida has been erratic under their coach and he has had talent on the roster. I don't expect much more from them this year than last (4-8). This should be a a definite FSU victory and not a "must see" game.

NEXT UP ON Athlon sports, which college football coach has the nicest hair...

Geez

Our OOC will be completely uninteresting.

Who want to watch the Syracuse Orange accomplish flawless slaughter.

Florida has been erratic under their coach and he has had talent on the roster. I don't expect much more from them this year than last (4-8). This should be a a definite FSU victory and not a "must see" game.

Luckily for Texas they got out of that deal and now have a way better coach then Florida. Ironic that Florida turned down Strong and this comes back to bite them big time.

Luckily for Texas they got out of that deal and now have a way better coach then Florida. Ironic that Florida turned down Strong and this comes back to bite them big time.

A few UT fan colleagues have said as much. They are graetful to Florida for both mistakes.

How's Red McCombs doing with the Strong hire now?

As "happy" as ever. He's filthy rich and ticked off that UT (which is filthier rich) didn't seek his advice. Most others are happy with Strong. Most are happy that Muschamp is NOT the HC.

I remember when Muschamp was the hottest thing since the Smartphone.
Perception vs. reality.

He's a great #2, like GRob. Neither is a good #1, but when under a good HC, either can be a real asset. Similar to the head case in WVU, Holgerson, should not be a #1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom