Atlanta Final Four Events | Syracusefan.com

Atlanta Final Four Events

Moontan

2017 ESPN College Bowl Pick’em Winner
(admins: please tack... I'll update with further details as I get them)

There are a lot of things to do next to the Georgia Dome.
Check the official Final Four event listings for some NCAA related activities. There's also the CNN Center (take a tour), the Georgia Aquarium, the World of Coca Cola (probably not worth your time unless you're really bored or thirsty), see a concert, etc., etc..

Official Final Four event listings

Reese’s Final Four Friday
Friday practice sessions, noon-4:00, free
12:00 Wichita State
1:00 Louisville
2:00 Cuse
3:00 Michigan
Following practice join us for a Happy Hour drink across the street.

Friday Happy Hour
Alumni Club Happy Hour across the street from the CNN Center/Philips Arena at the Hudson Grille, Friday 4:30-9:00.
120 Marietta St NW
We hope to have a Syracuse banner up outside.

Concerts
There are lots of free concerts at Centennial Park across the street from the CNN Center.

Concert Agenda

Friday, April 5: 3 p.m. – AT&T Block Party – Featuring the Zac Brown Band as the headliner with My Morning Jacket and Saints of Valory.
Saturday, April 6: Noon – Coca-Cola Zero Countdown – Featuring Muse as headliner with Flo Rida, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Ludacris
Sunday, April 7: 2 p.m. – Capital One JamFest – Featuring The Dave Matthews Band as the headliner with Sting and Grace Potter & The Nocturnals.

I highly advise grabbing a drink on the roof of the Glenn Hotel nearby. It's a fantastic view of the city, and it's in between the Dome and Centennial Park. Looking forward to an Orange weekend in ATL. Cheers!

Updated practice schedule info.

I highly recommend downloading the NCAA Final Four app for the iPhone (assuming it's on the Droid as well). You can add events to your calendar, and it can also give you directions to events. Also, there is a prize game where you basically check into places and take pictures. Whoever has the most points wins two tickets to the Final Four in 2014.

(admins: please tack... I'll update with further details as I get them)

There are a lot of things to do next to the Georgia Dome.
Check the official Final Four event listings for some NCAA related activities. There's also the CNN Center (take a tour), the Georgia Aquarium, the World of Coca Cola (probably not worth your time unless you're really bored or thirsty), see a concert, etc., etc..

Official Final Four event listings

Reese’s Final Four Friday
Friday practice sessions, noon-4:00, free
12:00 Wichita State
1:00 Louisville
2:00 Cuse
3:00 Michigan
Following practice join us for a Happy Hour drink across the street.

Friday Happy Hour
Alumni Club Happy Hour across the street from the CNN Center/Philips Arena at the Hudson Grille, Friday 4:30-9:00.
120 Marietta St NW
We hope to have a Syracuse banner up outside.

Concerts
There are lots of free concerts at Centennial Park across the street from the CNN Center.

Concert Agenda

Friday, April 5: 3 p.m. – AT&T Block Party – Featuring the Zac Brown Band as the headliner with My Morning Jacket and Saints of Valory.
Saturday, April 6: Noon – Coca-Cola Zero Countdown – Featuring Muse as headliner with Flo Rida, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Ludacris
Sunday, April 7: 2 p.m. – Capital One JamFest – Featuring The Dave Matthews Band as the headliner with Sting and Grace Potter & The Nocturnals.

Holy cow that Sunday concert looks tremendous !!

I highly recommend downloading the NCAA Final Four app for the iPhone (assuming it's on the Droid as well). You can add events to your calendar, and it can also give you directions to events. Also, there is a prize game where you basically check into places and take pictures. Whoever has the most points wins two tickets to the Final Four in 2014.
Yes, there is a droid version. Downloaded it , but haven't looked at it yet.

Also, the D-II & D-III Championship games are on Sunday at Philips Arena. Apparently admission is free.

Official Fine Mess Tailgate

We are going to piggy back of the ATL Alumni Club and show up there

CNN Center/Philips Arena at the Hudson Grille, Friday 4:30-9:00.
120 Marietta St NW

Wow. I know what I am doing on Sunday. Seen DM about 10 times. But not Sting. Cool.

Sting is great. I saw him open for the Dead at Giants Stadium many years ago. Tremendous songwriter and performer.

Don't forget, the Cubs are in town all weekend. The 'TED' is not a bad place to catch a MLB game. Unfortunately it is not really walkable from downtown.

I found this article as I was pondering whether to take the MARTA from Buckhead to Five Points and then walk to the Dome and surrounding restaurants, bars, etc. It cautions people to not drive into the downtown area unless they absolutely have to.

http://www.atlantadowntown.com/article/atlanta-police-prepare-for-historic-ncaa-final-four

They always urge people to take the MARTA and not drive downtown. Sure, traffic will be bad, but it will be better than herding onto the MARTA after the game. If your able to get down there early enough, you should be fine. After the NFC Championship, it took me about 30 minutes to get on 75/85. It'll probably be a little worse than that.

Holy cow that Sunday concert looks tremendous !!

It is almost beyond dumb... have a free Dave concert in a park that holds maybe 40,000ish?

I honestly think 250,000+ may try to show up for that.

It is almost beyond dumb... have a free Dave concert in a park that holds maybe 40,000ish?

I honestly think 250,000+ may try to show up for that.
...and with the temperature in the 70's...it will be a huge crowed!

I found this article as I was pondering whether to take the MARTA from Buckhead to Five Points and then walk to the Dome and surrounding restaurants, bars, etc. It cautions people to not drive into the downtown area unless they absolutely have to.

http://www.atlantadowntown.com/article/atlanta-police-prepare-for-historic-ncaa-final-four

MARTA should work fine for this. You can get off at 5 points and walk a few blocks to Centennial Park (and a few more blocks to the Dome), or transfer onto the West line and get off at the Phillips Arena stop, which is marginally closer to the Dome. You'll probably want to see the spectacle, though, so 5 points is fine.

If you want to scoot home after the game, you can start at Phillips stop then transfer to the north line at 5 points. Cheers.

Wow. I know what I am doing on Sunday. Seen DM about 10 times. But not Sting. Cool.
Sting is great. I saw him open for the Dead at Giants Stadium many years ago. Tremendous songwriter and performer.

Forget about Dave Matthews and Sting, make sure you get there for Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. And she ain't hard on the eyes either. :)

Pep rally event at Hudson Grille now. Band is currently on the way. By the way, do I win pic of the day?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365199230.786727.jpg

Pep rally event at Hudson Grille now. Band is currently on the way. By the way, do I win pic of the day?

View attachment 3022
I left the dome with him. He was proud of his 2003 shirt. Saw him again near the Hudson Grille.