Auburn/ Georgia | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Auburn/ Georgia

I mean...CuseRunner is the one who brought up likes. He deserves to catch a little flack for it. Who the heck brings up “likes”, and is apparently serious about it?

I understand he did. However, the "like" specific response by SciGuy (not atypical on this forum) is a real thing here, IMO. If it weren't, the throwing shade comment relative to his "like ratio" and the like wouldn't ever be brought up, let alone as often as it is at times.

It's human nature to seek worthiness. And, IMO, due to the general temperament of this board, "likes" seemingly validate this for many here as much as anything.

Last edited:
I understand he did. However, the "like" specific response by SciGuy (not atypical on this forum) is certainly a real thing here on this forum, IMO. If it weren't, the throwing shade comment relative to his "like ratio" and the like wouldn't ever be brought up as often as it is at times.

It is human nature to seek worthiness. And, IMO, due to the general temperament of this board, likes validate this for many.

Use your phone and you won’t even see how many “likes” anyone has. I can’t imagine any adult, (which I assume we all are because who else still uses message boards?) truly caring. CR probably cares, because he’s so frequently intentionally played the antagonist role. IMO.

Use your phone and you won’t even see how many “likes” anyone has. I can’t imagine any adult, (which I assume we all are because who else still uses message boards?) truly caring. CR probably cares, because he’s so frequently intentionally played the antagonist role. IMO.

I include my like/post ratio in my annual Christmas card letter. Is that not normal?

Actually, if you turn your phone to the horizontal position, you can see everyone's like total.
1601932690917.gif

I understand he did. However, the "like" specific response by SciGuy (not atypical on this forum) is a real thing here, IMO. If it weren't, the throwing shade comment relative to his "like ratio" and the like wouldn't ever be brought up, let alone as often as it is at times.

It's human nature to seek worthiness. And, IMO, due to the general temperament of this board, "likes" seemingly validate this for many here as much as anything.
If you have such disdain for it, why chime in and hijack the thread over it? And why not go after Runner for bringing it up? I think you just felt it necessary to defend one of your birds of a feather.

I live in the Atlanta suburbs and know a lot of folks with kids that go to UGA - they say that the town / student population is rampant with COVID and most of the kids don't get tested or report it even if they get sick and believe they have it b/c they don't want to be sent home or quarantine (they just move out of the dorms and rent a place off campus). I'll be shocked if the Bulldogs are somehow able to keep enough players from getting infected and actually complete this season.

I live in Winder pretty much one town over ... not sure where they are getting that input but Athens is not running rampant.

If you have such disdain for it, why chime in and hijack the thread over it? And why not go after Runner for bringing it up? I think you just felt it necessary to defend one of your birds of a feather.

Hijack the thread? Perhaps you should revisit your initial post here as it has absolutely nothing to do with the OP. Therefore, I only “hijacked” it subsequent to your own doing beforehand. Moreover, you injected yourself into a conversation between two other posters, and when you did, you did so in a way to slight one in particular whom seemingly isn’t quite popular here, aided by your implied “like ratio” remark. Well, good for you! I hope that fulfilled whatever it was you were seeking to achieve.

In response to your second question, it wasn’t he (from a compartmentalization perspective/any post of his in this particular thread) that instigated a passive aggressive remark as yours reeked of.

And, regarding your last sentence, the only thing accurate about it is, you and only you are the owner of your own thinking.

Hijack the thread? Perhaps you should revisit your initial post here as it has absolutely nothing to do with the OP. Therefore, I only “hijacked” it subsequent to your own doing beforehand. Moreover, you injected yourself into a conversation between two other posters, and when you did, you did so in a way to slight one in particular whom seemingly isn’t quite popular here, aided by your implied “like ratio” remark. Well, good for you! I hope that fulfilled whatever it was you were seeking to achieve.

In response to your second question, it wasn’t he (from a compartmentalization perspective/any post of his in this particular thread) that instigated a passive aggressive remark as yours reeked of.

And, regarding your last sentence, the only thing accurate about it is, you and only you are the owner of your own thinking.
So, doubling down it is. At least tell me who belongs to this so-called board clique.

The protocol that the UGA students were to follow was mask on while waiting in line to get into the stadium. Masks on in the concourses. Then once they were in their seats they were allowed to remove their masks.
I live in the Atlanta suburbs and know a lot of folks with kids that go to UGA - they say that the town / student population is rampant with COVID and most of the kids don't get tested or report it even if they get sick and believe they have it b/c they don't want to be sent home or quarantine (they just move out of the dorms and rent a place off campus). I'll be shocked if the Bulldogs are somehow able to keep enough players from getting infected and actually complete this season.
The protocol that the UGA students were to follow for the game was mask on while waiting in line to get into the stadium. Masks on in the concourses. Then once they were in their seats they were allowed to remove their masks.

As to the students population being rampant with covid I haven't heard that and I have family at UGA. From everything I have been told there are strict rules about wearing masks on campus and in the residences at all times unless in their own room.

The protocol that the UGA students were to follow was mask on while waiting in line to get into the stadium. Masks on in the concourses. Then once they were in their seats they were allowed to remove their masks.

The protocol that the UGA students were to follow for the game was mask on while waiting in line to get into the stadium. Masks on in the concourses. Then once they were in their seats they were allowed to remove their masks.

As to the students population being rampant with covid I haven't heard that and I have family at UGA. From everything I have been told there are strict rules about wearing masks on campus and in the residences at all times unless in their own room.

Very reasonable protocol and I know that some schools require you to keep the masks on once in your seat, also. Makes tons of sense and when you think about it, they may be on closer proximity in seats and moving around and cheering than when in the concourse.

This break and skiff image from the weekend doesn't seem to fit the "south is dumb" narrative very well. I gues silliness knows no borders ;)
SBY6FACGIJFJFNO4BJFZ6EJI6U.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom