Auburn got screwed | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Auburn got screwed

Recall that the refs were allowing Auburn to bowl over the Cavs driving to the hoop, I commented on that in the first half of the game. Getting upset over a rarely seen mistake that does not get called (double dribble) is wasting time. As noted above, shoot better in the game and don't let the refs have an "opportunity" to "decide the game." The refs didn't make many calls in the game, they let the kids play, Chukwu may have had a chance at not fouling out!

At the end of the night, the calls were made. Auburn was lucky to be in the discussion let alone the final four. A stupid play by an aggressive defender gave UVA a chance. Guy still had to make all three to seal the victory. Had he missed two, game over, Auburn wins. Had he made two, Overtime. Way too many things could have happend for Auburn to avoid the ending, they must take some of the responsibility for the loss UVA gets teh rest.

Kudos to Auburn for reaching the FF, but I still cannot stand them. The Sugar Bowl tie was bad enough. The Cam Newton payoff/NC ensured it is nearly impossible for me to pull for an Auburn victory in anything.

Jerome would have been taking that shot from closer than people realize. It wasn't going to be a halfcourt heave. It would have been unguarded and straight on. Not a high percentage look but certainly makeable

there's no would have to it..watch the replay he WAS shooting from where he was...he didnt use the full amount of the clock.

there's no would have to it..watch the replay he WAS shooting from where he was...he didnt use the full amount of the clock.

It's possible he only shot the ball where he did because he had already heard the whistle/felt the foul and was trying to get 3 free throws out of it; you see that happen all the time.

It's also possible that's entirely wrong and he simply panicked once he lost the ball and didn't realize he still had plenty of time to get closer.

And where he was was not a halfcourt heave, which is how people tried to characterize it.

On ESPN Pearl isn't crying or complaining. Actually came out and said coaches, players and officials make mistakes...move on. May not be popular here but going to give the guy some credit. Payton from the Saints complained for weeks after bad call in playoff.

On ESPN Pearl isn't crying or complaining. Actually came out and said coaches, players and officials make mistakes...move on. May not be popular here but going to give the guy some credit. Payton from the Saints complained for weeks after bad call in playoff.

Payton got SCREWED by one of the most egregiously bad calls in NFL Playoff history.
I’d still be bitching about it too.

He’s only acting that way cause his program is on the brink.

Payton got SCREWED by one of the most egregiously bad calls in NFL Playoff history.
I’d still be bitching about it too.
I get you but with 1.3 seconds and the win a whistle was blown that would have otherwise sent Auburn to the finals. On a 3 point shot no less. No difference in the size of the moment or the harshness of the call. Also not slamming Payton as much as giving credit to the other. If my comment came across as a slam that was not the intention.

He’s only acting that way cause his program is on the brink.
Maybe yes. Was giving allot of credit to the young men on his team. I have seen coaches do worse. Dunno. I have no horse in this race, was just saying. If you want to qualify it that’s your call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom