Auburn player murdered in off campus apt | Syracusefan.com

Auburn player murdered in off campus apt

The night I watched "The U 2", in which a Miami player got shot. You've got to watch where you go and who you hang out with.

Probably by a Townie. Sad.

The murdered player was from the local vicinity too. Wonder why a RS freshman football player would be living off-campus? Supposedly about 3 years ago 2 football players and another kid were killed in that same apartment complex.

This is a sad story. It is also sad that when I first heard the story I hoped that it wasn't a police officer that shot him. When I first heard the story I heard he had been shot not murdered.

Last edited:
I absolutely hate the fact that in the face of such a travesty there is next to no coverage, or information on the victim outside of his Spring Game statistics. Was he not more than two series for Auburn this past April? ESPN does a 30-second regurgitation of the AP's nut graph and then moves onto a two-minute segment on Marriota followed by a junk NBA games' highlights.

This young man's life should have more value than that. Is it more valuable than any others? No, but, it can be used as a platform to look into other issues on a national level. You can celebrate him, and, in doing so educate some of the youth of America on how tragic the loss of life of a young individual is.

More kids are watching ESPN than any other Network. At what point did a trophy become worthy of more coverage in sport than life itself?

Maybe this comes off as a crazy rant, but, it really bothered me this morning.

I absolutely hate the fact that in the face of such a travesty there is next to no coverage, or information on the victim outside of his Spring Game statistics. Was he not more than two series for Auburn this past April? ESPN does a 30-second regurgitation of the AP's nut graph and then moves onto a two-minute segment on Marriota followed by a junk NBA games' highlights.

This young man's life should have more value than that. Is it more valuable than any others? No, but, it can be used as a platform to look into other issues on a national level. You can celebrate him, and, in doing so educate some of the youth of America on how tragic the loss of life of a young individual is.

More kids are watching ESPN than any other Network. At what point did a trophy become worthy of more coverage in sport than life itself?

Maybe this comes off as a crazy rant, but, it really bothered me this morning.
That's. Why I don't watch ESPN. It's complete garbage.

The murdered player was from the local vicinity too. Wonder why a RS freshman football player would be living off-campus? Supposedly about 3 years ago 2 football players and another kid were killed in that same apartment complex.

You would think with all the $$$ that school makes they could put the players in housing that is FAR AWAY from the bad parts of town. Also, I'd be telling players, especially if they are local, that they should be very careful of the old neighborhood and stay away from it. Athletes mixing with townies, even if they are a townie themselves, never works out well. Ask Marcus Sales. And he was with his own brother! They need to teach these kids how to navigate life, not just route running.

You would think with all the $$$ that school makes they could put the players in housing that is FAR AWAY from the bad parts of town. Also, I'd be telling players, especially if they are local, that they should be very careful of the old neighborhood and stay away from it. Athletes mixing with townies, even if they are a townie themselves, never works out well. Ask Marcus Sales. And he was with his own brother! They need to teach these kids how to navigate life, not just route running.

My biggest question is why a freshman football player who's red shirting would be living off campus at all. Then to top it off he's living in the same apartment complex where just a couple of years earlier 2 other football players and another student were killed. They changed the name of the complex after the first killings but not the character of the complex's party goers - the new name didn't fool them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom