Austin Wilson Next? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Austin Wilson Next?

Oh yeah. It sucks. I get that. When was the last time something went well for us in recruiting? I guess I'm just getting used to it.

Lets just hope there are some. This is deflating. One day we hear ZA is calling all the recruits to make sure they are solid. Two days later he's gone. Wonder if the results of his conversations with other recruits helped that decision.

Hope Marrone's donation check doesn't bounce.

Unfortunately it doesnt work like that, press conferences and statements dont throw touchdown passes, catch balls, or go for 100+ yards on the ground. An abysmal recruiting class could set this program back for years.

The # 104th class just went 21-17 the last three years. There will be a recruiting class.

I understand diaster is lurking around every corner, but just remember there were couple of more wins on the schedule after all.

I assume all of you folks telling us that losing out on top-notch QB recruits is OK and doesn't matter weren't here for the RJ Anderson/Madei Williams/Perry Patterson/Cam Dantley/Cecil the Diesel debacles we endured for far too long.

And lots of kids want to play at SU. It's true. The QB at the high school in my town would LOVE to play for SU. He's also 5'10 and 150 pounds and threw like 6 interceptions in one game here in local Class D ball.
I'm not saying no big deal but you realize that most of those guys were rated as high or higher than ZA, right? None of the kids that we might lose is known to be a program changer.

I assume all of you folks telling us that losing out on top-notch QB recruits is OK and doesn't matter weren't here for the RJ Anderson/Madei Williams/Perry Patterson/Cam Dantley/Cecil the Diesel debacles we endured for far too long.

And lots of kids want to play at SU. It's true. The QB at the high school in my town would LOVE to play for SU. He's also 5'10 and 150 pounds and threw like 6 interceptions in one game here in local Class D ball.

It sucks but as a great man once said, you can only control what you can control.

I'm not saying no big deal but you realize that most of those guys were rated as high or higher than ZA, right? None of the kids that we might lose is known to be a program changer.

I think that the point really...We can't afford to lose these kids period.

You're kidding right? People who think the program should focus on the things it has the power to control rather than chicken little scream that the world is ending are ludicrous? I guess we just have different definitions of BIG DEAL.

Marrone leaving was a BIG DEAL.

Robinson driving the program into the ground was a BIG DEAL.

Losing a 33 year old, former hip hop instructor OC with 1 year experience calling plays... Not the end of the world.

Losing an 18-yr old Texan to a Texas school after we lost our OC is neither surprising nor a BIG DEAL (in the grand scheme of things).

I agree it sucks. And I feel like , just like you do. I also feel confident we will recover.

Bingo Joe, people just brushing this off or saying no big deal is ludicrous to me. People need to wake up, this a huge blow.

The # 104th class just went 21-17 the last three years. There will be a recruiting class.

I understand diaster is lurking around every corner, but just remember there were couple of more wins on the schedule after all.

Not saying all is lost but right now SU cant afford a really poor recruiting class, it honestly cant especially at the QB position. I have some hope Shaf can get something done with this years class but this is as bad a start as we coudl have gotten off to.

You're kidding right? People who think the program should focus on the things it has the power to control rather than chicken little scream that the world is ending are ludicrous? I guess we just have different definitions of BIG DEAL.

Losing a 33 year old, former hip hop instructor OC with 1 year experience calling plays... Not the end of the world.

Losing an 18-yr old Texan to a Texas school after we lost our OC is neither surprising nor a BIG DEAL (in the grand scheme of things).

I agree it sucks. And I feel like ****, just like you do. I also feel confident we will recover.

I think Hackett leaving is a big deal, because I loved how the offense performed and the guy was really good at the job, and Allen would have been a great addition, not doubt about it.

But even with all that the program certaintly isn't headed towards a multiple year rebuild.

It sucks but as a great man once said, you can only control what you can control.

Of course. Doesn't lessen the suck though. It really is a massive frustration to be a Syracuse football fan. ZA was the lynchpin of this class, and if the peer recruiter has bailed, wonder what else will.

I agree it sucks. And I feel like ****, just like you do. I also feel confident we will recover.

Very silly to say Marrone = Big Deal and Hackett = not the end of the world.

Hackett oversaw one of the best offenses in the country, with a QB the fans think sucked, with RB's that fans don't give any credit too, with WR's that are apparently not playmakers, with an O-Line that is too small, and against a very good schedule. Add in the fact he was becoming a very good recruiter.

Referring to him as a previous hip hop instructor, instead of what he actually did here is ignorant.

If you can't see how the loss of ZA could be a potential impact than you don't understand recruiting as well as you think.

Not saying all is lost but right now SU cant afford a really poor recruiting class, it honestly cant especially at the QB position. I have some hope Shaf can get something done with this years class but this is as bad a start as we coudl have gotten off to.

The problem is, if you follow things closely, there really isn't a QB, including Wilson, who is primed to lead this program.

Understood. But I thought we were the only ones that really recruited Madei, Dantley was a walk on, RJ was sought after by others, and originally us as a LB/TE type, Perry was fairly well regarded until his knees fell out. Cecil was well enough regarded as an option QB to cause Paul Pasqualoni to fall out of his chair. Maybe onto the knees of a young Perry Patterson, or his grandmothers head, explaining either one of their performances.

Granted ZA has to date played exactly as much college football as I have, none, but he was heralded and regarded to be the chosen one that the prophecies spoke of.

I don't see what's silly about it. I believe Marrone did ALOT more than Hackett for the program.

What I said about him is fact. He's a young OC with very little experience who had 1 great year. IMO, he can be replaced.

Losing ZA sucks and hurts this class and MAY impact the program, but we will never know.

Very silly to say Marrone = Big Deal and Hackett = not the end of the world..

Thankyou

Wilson just retweeted Isaiah Johnson's tweet saying "Me and (Austin Wilson) about to give #cusenation a show next year."

Solid sign, though we've been down that road with a certain other QB recently.

Austin Wilson has plenty of solid bcs offer. It is said his offer sheet is just as good as Allen's was. He is now a MUST. While i really don't think the recruiting class, outside of the jucos (who we have locked up) is all that special, we can't afford a 3 yr gap in qb's. We must secure Wilson, as well as try to sign another QUALITY qb. Not a Caleb whatever his name is.

But dob't think Wilson doesn't have good bcs offers. He is just as good as Allen, just wasn't elite 11 qb

Wilson just retweeted Isaiah Johnson's tweet saying "Me and (Austin Wilson) about to give #cusenation a show next year."

It should be illegal to tweet until your 21, like drinking. Completely reckless.

Yeah...

The problem is, if you follow things closely, there really isn't a QB, including Wilson, who is primed to lead this program.

I hope your including Allen in that because he needed at least a redshirt year.

I hope your including Allen in that because he needed at least a redshirt year.

I meant after next year. I'm resigned to the fact that next year may be a rotating door at QB. Hopefully someone steps up but somehow I doubt it.

I've come to realize there are some very optimistic people here...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom