Austin Wilson Next? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Austin Wilson Next?

I don't see what's silly about it. I believe Marrone did ALOT more than Hackett for the program.

What I said about him is fact. He's a young OC with very little experience who had 1 great year. IMO, he can be replaced.

Losing ZA sucks and hurts this class and MAY impact the program, but we will never know.

You believe Marrone did a lot more than Hackett, so your assuming that this year he was the driving force for the offense we saw. When Marrone was "installing" his offense, there is one thing we know. It sucked and was too conservative.

He is a young OC, who cares. Experience doesn't mean anything to me, it has zero impact on what your capable of. There are tons of coordinators out there with a ton of years of experience who suck and suck really bad.

Your right Hackett can be replaced or he has to be replaced. It was obvious that Marrone was more suited to the NFL game than to college and we've replaced him with someone is better suited for the college game. So I see Hackett as a bigger loss than Marrone.

ZA may impact the program, we won't know. We also won't know how big of a loss Hackett is, so to assume he's not a big loss at all doesn't make sense.

SU overall has not had good luck at the QB position. This is a QB who was invited to the Elite camp. How many H.S. QB's are there in the country and how many were invited to the camp? People keep bringing up his star rating, just using ZA and his lack of stars in the same sentence or attempting to make a connection shows a complete lack of understanding of the recruiting process as well as the star system.

I meant after next year. I'm resigned to the fact that next year may be a rotating door at QB. Hopefully someone steps up but somehow I doubt it.

I hope it is Loeb full-time personally.

You are then able to sell to the top notch kids that you can come in and play as a true frosh in an offense that hopefully does the same things.

I think Broyld has a chance, as I highly doubt the offense will stay the same.

The best OC's tailor the offense to personnel (which Hackett did this past year). I think the best bet for success next year (given what I have heard about the QB's) is a spread style similar to what Rich-Rod does (meaning, a lot of runs) b/c we are loaded at RB and Broyld could run that offense very well.

I think without question that Terrel Hunt is our QB next year. I don't think Loeb has a shot.

I think without question that Terrel Hunt is our QB next year. I don't think Loeb has a shot.
Honest question - have you actually seen either of them play? I mean, like, more than a snap in one or two games for Loeb, etc?

Really? In general, I think we are pretty negative.
In case you didn't catch my drift I meant as how this will impact us, as some, including me think this will hurt, versus those who think the program will be fine...;)

1 great year is a datapoint. Not a fail safe trend. Just my opinion.

You think Hackett had the bigger impact on the program? We'll just have to disagree.

And I have no idea what you are talking about as far as "stars"...I didn't say anything about ZA and stars.

Oh, and 25 QBs were invited. He finished in the bottom 10, I believe. Probably the best verbal committ we've had at QB in a long time.

He is a young OC, who cares. Experience doesn't mean anything to me, it has zero impact on what your capable of. There are tons of coordinators out there with a ton of years of experience who suck and suck really bad.

Your right Hackett can be replaced or he has to be replaced. It was obvious that Marrone was more suited to the NFL game than to college and we've replaced him with someone is better suited for the college game. So I see Hackett as a bigger loss than Marrone.

ZA may impact the program, we won't know. We also won't know how big of a loss Hackett is, so to assume he's not a big loss at all doesn't make sense.

SU overall has not had good luck at the QB position. This is a QB who was invited to the Elite camp. How many H.S. QB's are there in the country and how many were invited to the camp? People keep bringing up his star rating, just using ZA and his lack of stars in the same sentence or attempting to make a connection shows a complete lack of understanding of the recruiting process as well as the star system.

What, you don't think people in the recruiting forum wishing Zach suffers a career ending injury is anything but positive? That's crazy talk.

I hadn't seen that. Wow, and I'm out of line.

Pathetic.

Why are you doing that?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2[/quote

Better question...why are you still torturing us all with that terrible gif of a Dr Gross look alike dancing?

Honest question - have you actually seen either of them play? I mean, like, more than a snap in one or two games for Loeb, etc?

I have seen them all in drills and at Both Rochester spring games.

Broyld is the most gifted athlete but I guess the word on him is that he couldn't learn the offense. I think that he stays at RB and plays a slot receiver/tight end/H-back roll. He has a cannon for an arm and some touch but again, if he can't run the offense, he won't play. Unless of course he can learn the offense next year.

Hunt is also a really good athlete, not far behind Broyld but can learn the offense. He sat out Spring ball but he seems to be the front runner IMO.

Kinder is really quick and can run but when he throws, it is a disaster.

From what I have seen of Loeb, he hasn't seperated himself from any one of these guys and they are all more athletically gifted than he is. He also doesn't make great decisions with the ball.

Unless the offense stays EXACTLY the same and his experience in it can be called upon, why would you go with him ?? Just b/c he is a 5th year guy...I don't think so. He is also a lefty which means you have to flip everything around as far as protections and players, I don't think they make those changes.

Just from what I have actually seen from them and also from their high school clips.

Just my opinion.

Twitter guys...this is the 90s...get with the times

DON'T CONTACT RECRUITS, EVER.

Period. End of Story.

Really, really, really bad idea.

Twitter guys...this is the 90s...get with the times

NCAA violation to contact recruits via any method.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If that's the case, then every university in America would be in serious trouble with the NCAA.

I have seen them all in drills and at Both Rochester spring games.

Broyld is the most gifted athlete but I guess the word on him is that he couldn't learn the offense. I think that he stays at RB and plays a slot receiver/tight end/H-back roll. He has a cannon for an arm and some touch but again, if he can't run the offense, he won't play. Unless of course he can learn the offense next year.

Hunt is also a really good athlete, not far behind Broyld but can learn the offense. He sat out Spring ball but he seems to be the front runner IMO.

Kinder is really quick and can run but when he throws, it is a disaster.

From what I have seen of Loeb, he hasn't seperated himself from any one of these guys and they are all more athletically gifted than he is. He also doesn't make great decisions with the ball.

Unless the offense stays EXACTLY the same and his experience in it can be called upon, why would you go with him ?? Just b/c he is a 5th year guy...I don't think so. He is also a lefty which means you have to flip everything around as far as protections and players, I don't think they make those changes.

Just from what I have actually seen from them and also from their high school clips.

Just my opinion.

Loeb is a very good athlete.

Nobody knows, that's what the fun of spring will be.

One thing we do know is that the QB is going to have best collection of skill guys to support him that this program has had for a long time.

Whoever wins the job will have earned it. The bigger issue is the left side of the line.

Loeb is a very good athlete.

Nobody knows, that's what the fun of spring will be.

One thing we do know is that the QB is going to have best collection of skill guys to support him that this program has had for a long time.

Whoever wins the job will have earned it. The bigger issue is the left side of the line.

I agree with you on all counts, but I don't think Loeb is nearly as athletic as any of the other QB's on the roster.

Spring is going to be a blast and I can't wait

I agree with you on all counts, but I don't think Loeb is nearly as athletic as any of the other QB's on the roster.

Spring is going to be a blast and I can't wait

Loeb is a better runner than Nassib. Then again, so am I.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom