Autonomy Provision Passed in New Division I Structure (CollegeCrosse) | Syracusefan.com

Autonomy Provision Passed in New Division I Structure (CollegeCrosse)

So, maybe I am misunderstanding what he is trying to say, but what 'brandy-swilling' P5 league are Army, Navy, Air Force, UMass, and JHU in??? When did the Patriot become a P5 league?

The problem with understanding what this potential governance model means, from a lacrosse perspective, is that there are only 15 schools -- Air Force, Army, Duke, Johns Hopkins, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Navy, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Rutgers, Syracuse, Virginia -- that are members -- in whatever capacity -- of a brandy-swilling league, just over 21 percent of the 69 schools that will field a Division I team in the 2015 season.

So, maybe I am misunderstanding what he is trying to say, but what 'brandy-swilling' P5 league are Army, Navy, Air Force, UMass, and JHU in??? When did the Patriot become a P5 league?

The problem with understanding what this potential governance model means, from a lacrosse perspective, is that there are only 15 schools -- Air Force, Army, Duke, Johns Hopkins, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Navy, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Rutgers, Syracuse, Virginia -- that are members -- in whatever capacity -- of a brandy-swilling league, just over 21 percent of the 69 schools that will field a Division I team in the 2015 season.

You missed this all important paragraph:

Importantly, any other Division I league or member -- pending the approval of that member's league -- could opt into the rules that these Rich Uncle Pennybags conferences adopt.

Meaning that the Patriot League could vote to adopt the same rules that the P5 propose.

And Hopkins is now a B1G school. For LAX anyways.

You missed this all important paragraph:

Meaning that the Patriot League could vote to adopt the same rules that the P5 propose.

And Hopkins is now a B1G school. For LAX anyways.
No, I knew that. And I knew Hop was in the B1G (part of text I deleted). What I don't understand is that since ANY lacrosse-playing team can adopt those rules, why is the statement limiting it to the Patriot? I never heard anything about Denver (for example) being denied the opportunity to adopt the rules. I guess I'm just missing the distinction Hoya Suxa is trying to make.

Beats the heck out of me.

By the time I understand the new rules, they'll just change them again. ;)

No, I knew that. And I knew Hop was in the B1G (part of text I deleted). What I don't understand is that since ANY lacrosse-playing team can adopt those rules, why is the statement limiting it to the Patriot? I never heard anything about Denver (for example) being denied the opportunity to adopt the rules. I guess I'm just missing the distinction Hoya Suxa is trying to make.
Any non P-5 school can be "denied the opportunity" by their league. Will GTown, Nova, etc. want Denver to have an extra edge? Or, in hoops, will UConn be able to convince its AAC-mates to grant them the right to offer extras to Huskies recruits if they (other AAC schools) don' t want to try to keep up with the Joneses (P-5)? Lots of interesting questions to be answered.

Any non P-5 school can be "denied the opportunity" by their league. Will GTown, Nova, etc. want Denver to have an extra edge? Or, in hoops, will UConn be able to convince its AAC-mates to grant them the right to offer extras to Huskies recruits if they (other AAC schools) don' t want to try to keep up with the Joneses (P-5)? Lots of interesting questions to be answered.
Ah, thanks.

The stipends are going to be need-based (just like other financial aid) to hold down costs. They will probably use the fraction of your scholarship as a multiple (half a schollie gets half the stipend). Quibble, it costs $600 more in TCOA to go to Lehigh than it does to go to Duke, $58.8K vs. $58.2K. SU - $59.3K JHU - $63.5K