b williams | Syracusefan.com

b williams

Team is fortunate Williams wasn't called for a technical foul for slamming the ball after the block call on Judah with 50 secs to go
My sons high school team lost a very tight game against the eventual state champion and cross town rival when one of his teammates did the same thing. My kid was watching with me last night and couldn’t believe that wasn’t called.

Yeah, that one still hurts.

what is the problem with him??? is it a confidence issue
Do you remember last year when he got pushed around during key moments of the game. He wasn't ready to contribute. This year he is more aggressive and has seem to insert himself into the play more often. Still has a long way to go but is heading in the right direction.

Do you remember last year when he got pushed around during key moments of the game. He wasn't ready to contribute. This year he is more aggressive and has seem to insert himself into the play more often. Still has a long way to go but is heading in the right direction.
He’s playing harder and is more active, I agree.

He’s playing harder and is more active, I agree.
I wonder if the coaches could work with Benny on a floater? Seems like every shot is forced, even bunnies go over the rim off the backboard. ???

Team is fortunate Williams wasn't called for a technical foul for slamming the ball after the block call on Judah with 50 secs to go

Almost positive Benny didn't mean for that to happen.. He just didn't catch it as it came bouncing back up to him and slipped through his hands. (check out Benny's immediate reaction) ... Nathan Farrell, the official, was right there and saw it as well as I'm pretty sure Richmond coach asked him about it.

That being said, I thought for sure he was going to get a T as well.

Why the hell is everybody slamming this kid so hard? He's had some frustrating plays - I'll give you that - but this kid is hustling his butt off. 4 steals last night, a big short jumper in a big spot, and while we need more rebounding numbers from him he is battling under there on rebounds that end up in our guards hands. His energy and fight are infectious. He is still a work in progress but I see improvement and his value that nobody else seems to see.
Give the kid a break.

Almost positive Benny didn't mean for that to happen.. He just didn't catch it as it came bouncing back up to him and slipped through his hands. (check out Benny's immediate reaction) ... Nathan Farrell, the official, was right there and saw it as well as I'm pretty sure Richmond coach asked him about it.

That being said, I thought for sure he was going to get a T as well.
that he cannot properly slam the ball off the court into his hands does not inspire much confidence.

rooting for him to turn it around. he can be a force on defense and with rebounding, wish he would focus on that

I am pulling for him, big time. He's active, he plays hard and I can live with that if he keeps developing. I think he will get an earful from Jim a lot early on but I think it will click for him. He doesn't need to be a superstar but if he can contribute on Defense and add 8-10 points, plus crash the boards that will be a huge upgrade.

A change I see in Benny is that he appeared a bit disengaged last season, and this season his temper has flared up several times. He's showing some fire that I didn't see last season.
Yeah, I defended him last year, but then he would jog back on both defense and offense. That is hard to defend. At least this year he is hustling. He needs some mojo.

Yeah, I defended him last year, but then he would jog back on both defense and offense. That is hard to defend. At least this year he is hustling. He needs some mojo.
I would love to see him sprint out on a break, receive a long pass from Joe, and absolutely crush the rim. Especially at home. He’d realize the dome roof comes off a lot easier for a big dunk than a simple three. Might help focus him on being who we want him to be.

I would love to see him sprint out on a break, receive a long pass from Joe, and absolutely crush the rim. Especially at home. He’d realize the dome roof comes off a lot easier for a big dunk than a simple three. Might help focus him on being who we want him to be.
I was begging for him to do that last year, because I felt that a dunk like that would change his whole game. He is so fragile mentally, that he needs something like that each game to get his confidence up.

The best development for Benny is that he grew, so him settling in as a 4 [albeit a skinny one at this stage of his physical maturity] is good for the team. And good for his PT, because he hasn't showed the perimeter skills [putting the ball on the floor effectively, shooting, etc.] to play the 3, so his path to contributing is as a 4.

He's shown some decent rebounding aptitude, at least until yesterday's dud.

But my main concern is that he just continues to show a poor overall feel for the game. Important to note that he barely played last year, so we need to expect speedbumps as he slowly gains experience and gets more comfortable.

I don't get the obsession some have with Benny and saying he has talent. He looks very uncoordinated out there.

He also could have cost us the game by slamming the ball off the ground with about a minute to go. He was our biggest liability last night.

Benny has improved a lot, but when we have the ball near the end of a close game, I still find myself saying, "Don't let Benny shoot."

Benny is a spaz -- my friend told me yesterday that he's never seen a player move more and do less. That's pretty accurate.
He seems uncoordinated. Also love that he will dive on the floor but for me anyway hustle also involves running back hard on D and on close outs. Our guards get flamed for close out but the forwards are awful at it and often times just as lazy.

He seems uncoordinated. Also love that he will dive on the floor but for me anyway hustle also involves running back hard on D and on close outs. Our guards get flamed for close out but the forwards are awful at it and often times just as lazy.
Attitude reflects leadership, captain.

He’s not a 35 mpg player but like seeing him with a longer leash to get his confident growing. Maybe it’s putting too much stock in the pedigree (5 star) but the way he showed up last year against Duke when the rest of the team didn’t makes me a believer.

He’s not a 35 mpg player but like seeing him with a longer leash to get his confident growing. Maybe it’s putting too much stock in the pedigree (5 star) but the way he showed up last year against Duke when the rest of the team didn’t makes me a believer.
If Benny can get an early bucket, he is a different player the rest of the game. Otherwise, he seems tight and it looks like he's thinking about scoring too much. Like when he had that Joe airball all lined up and he just couldn't get his hands together. I have know idea what he was thinking, but I bet his eyes got wide and he got over excited and went spastic.

His temper’s concerning and its obvious he wears his emotions on his face. No need to get further into it but would love to see him focus more on rebounding and moving without the ball. Baskets will come from there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom