B1G officials are garbage | Syracusefan.com

B1G officials are garbage

RF2044

Living Legend
Seems like every flag that's been thrown on Rutgers has been offset by a late flag on us. Gift wrap them a f****** touchdown, what a horrible call.

Absolute garbage, just like their stupid conference.

Not wrong, but it didn't have anything to do with terrible offensive play calling, the lack of QB play (all recruited by the current coach, BTW), and absolutely no discipline across the board.

Not wrong, but it didn't have anything to do with terrible offensive play calling, the lack of QB play (all recruited by the current coach, BTW), and absolutely no discipline across the board.
Do you think it had anything to do with a horrible turnover call that negated a drive inside the Rutgers 5 when Taj was clearly down? Do you think it had anything to do with gifting them their first score, when we had them third and 15 with a holding call that would have taken them out of field goal range and made it third and 25, and a second late flag on Dino gift wrapped them a first down?

I'm as frustrated whether I offence as I could possibly be, but when you have officials blatantly tipping the scales, it's . Especially in a low scoring game

Do you think it had anything to do with a horrible turnover call that negated a drive inside the Rutgers 5 when Taj was clearly down? Do you think it had anything to do with gifting them their first score, when we had them third and 15, and a second late flag on Dino gift wrapped them a first down?

I'm as frustrated whether I offence as I could possibly be, but when you have officials blatantly tipping the scales, it's . Especially in a low scoring game
I said you weren't wrong. But the other stuff (QB play, play calling, head coaching) is more of the reason this program was 1-10 last year and lost to a Big Ten team at home that is going to struggle to get more than one win in conference.

I said you weren't wrong. But the other stuff (QB play, play calling, head coaching) is more of the reason this program was 1-10 last year and lost to a Big Ten team at home that is going to struggle to get more than one win in conference.
Got to get to a bowl game this year, no matter what. And having to deal with this crap in a winable game...it is just amazing how impactful a couple of s***** calls was in a game that was clearly winnable. Christ, there could be a 7-point swing down for Rutgers or up for us, if not for a few calls.

Frustrating as hell.

Got to work up to like the biggest roller coaster but I feel like that is so important this year, it is just amazing how impactful a couple of s***** calls was in a game that was clearly winnable. Christ, there could be a 7-point swing down for Rutgers or up for us, if not for a few calls.

Frustrating as hell.
The game was tied after the officiating did what it did.

The game was tied after the officiating did what it did.
So what? Maybe that wouldn't have been the case if they didn't rule Taj Harris as a fumble in the first half. Maybe having a score there would have changed how things unfolded. Those calls were impactful throughout the game, and resulted in substantial point swings in favour of RU.

So what? Maybe that wouldn't have been the case if they didn't rule Taj Harris as a fumble in the first half. Maybe having a score there would have changed how things unfolded. Those calls were impactful throughout the game, and resulted in substantial point swings in favour of RU.
Tommy Devito wasn't winning this game. I'm sorry to inform you. It just wasn't happening.

Tommy Devito wasn't winning this game. I'm sorry to inform you. It just wasn't happening.

Sorry to inform me of what? I was hoping DeVito would get beaten out by Shrader in preseason. Hoping we move in that direction now.

We gave up 17 points. Have to be able to outscore the opposition.

Sorry to inform me of what? I was hoping DeVito would get beaten out by Shrader in preseason.

Hoping we move in that direction now.
Agree. You can have the perfect form and technique in practice, but what good is that?

Sorry to inform me of what? I was hoping DeVito would get beaten out by Shrader in preseason. Hoping we move in that direction now.

We gave up 17 points. Have to be able to outscore the opposition.
The officiating was atrocious but we weren’t winning the game with DeVito.

What call was worst?

schiano riding officials for entire timeout and the. Babers gets a flag for saying boo

Taj clearly down and ruled fumble inside 5

fake kick catcher interference

those are just the bad ones
How about Shrader getting hands to the face from a Rutgers d Lineman AND a facemask RIGHT IN FRONT OF A REFEREE and no call?

That one was probably my favorite. At least the fumble, the fake catch interference and Dino being vulgar or whatever are judgement calls.

The more i think about it after going back and looking at some of this stuff that took place i really think these officials should be looked at. This was much more malicious than Big10 officials at an ACC school's home field. There were some blatant errors that need explaining, specifically the Taj "fumble", and the Jones "hip toss" penalty, Dino personal foul, all after Schiano chewed each official on the field for an entire timeout +

There were a couple of blatant holds where their OL hog tied our player and wrestled him to the ground right in front of the ref and no call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom