Babers fired according to Thamel | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Babers fired according to Thamel

It’s not that much worse than some of the nonsense you’re posting.
God forbid someone should post that Dino is a nice guy. It immediately forces sone knee-jerk post about his W/L record. Or snarky post about how “you must have wanted to retain him.” Relax people. Two things can be true at the same time. We all know the facts about the last 8 years, AND Dino is a good guy.

Moving on.

God forbid someone should post that Dino is a nice guy. It immediately forces sone knee-jerk post about his W/L record. Or snarky post about how “you must have wanted to retain him.” Relax people. Two things can be true at the same time. We all know the facts about the last 8 years, AND Dino is a good guy.

Moving on.
I’m not talking about Dino on a personal level. I’m talking about the defeatist posts about the program. Same person different topics.

This is why Thamel is an asshat; from his article

Babers' recent struggles have highlighted what a difficult job Syracuse is, especially in the era of the transfer portal. Syracuse has lost several high-profile players in recent seasons to SEC and Big Ten schools, some of them leaving despite knowing they would play significantly less.

not true. Not one player left knowing they would play significantly less. They all left thinking they would be starters. He’s a tool.
You’re absolutely correct. Asshat comment by Thamel

He’s never stayed healthy, and everyone knows that and yet Dino STILL didn’t have a workable backup on the roster. That alone is a fireable mistake.
We lost 2 QBs in the off season. Is that his fault too ??

Anyone surprised that the tight end coach was named interim?
I am, and its a smart move I didn’t see coming.

Rocky isn’t going anywhere, so why not name a guy that the next staff will most likely want to retain? Makes a ton of sense and it’s smart.

Being defeatist about the program and pretending this is the best we can be is nonsense. Has nothing to do with Dino as a person or his character.
I was debating with a poster regarding Dino’s character. And it’s nonsense in your opinion. You could say I strongly disagree , that’s a little better then your opinion is nonsense.

If Shrader had stayed healthy they wouid have easily won 8 games. I think it’s a mistake to fire him. Hope I’m wrong
8 years of poor recruiting, lack of development of the players we do get, zero discipline, consistently ranking at the very top for penalties, and i could continue on. Dino is a great man and I wish him well but it was anything but a mistake, it was time. We hit our ceiling as a program with him. I think he’s leaving the program in a better position than when he got here, but again, it was just time.

If Shrader had stayed healthy they wouid have easily won 8 games. I think it’s a mistake to fire him. Hope I’m wrong
Under Dino Babers we will never have a starting QB that stays healthy. Our offensive identity is put our playmakers in harms way and hope we pull out a few wins.

Under Dino Babers we will never have a starting QB that stays healthy. Our offensive identity is put our playmakers in harms way and hope we pull out a few wins.
The reality is:

We don’t recruit an at least average line to allow a passing QB to actually have time in the pocket to throw….so

We bring in dual threats to counter the collapsing pocket and sack fest….yet

We put our QB’s in the physical line of fire but don’t recruit competent backups to spell them when they eventually get banged up.

Seems like a wining strategy to me! Sign the guy up for another 8 years.

I wonder who gives the Weekly 11 AM Press Conference tomorrow?

Nunzio, or do they just cancel it?

this is the third time I think I’ve seen this mentioned in the thread. I don’t personally believe it or see how it’s possible since the guys I would hope we’re looking at a hiring are already in coaching jobs at teams that are winning. If we’ve already hired a replacement then I’d have to believe it’s somebody who’s not coaching like Dan Mullen, LOL .??
Chesney's season may be over.

I said I'd let the season play out. I remember JW saying at one time that making bowls was important but so was showing progress year over year. We were 7-5 last year. Once we couldn't get to 7-5 that was it. We win last night he would have survived to see another day. Now we need to fully support the new coach. And in today’s world that means NIL. I hope everyone here is donating till it hurts. Put up time.

I was debating with a poster regarding Dino’s character. And it’s nonsense in your opinion. You could say I strongly disagree , that’s a little better then your opinion is nonsense.
I’m sorry, I’m just tired of seeing people try to justify this level of competence by someone making $4m a year as the best we can do. Nonsense was harsh I agree.

I said I'd let the season play out. I remember JW saying at one time that making bowls was important but so was showing progress year over year. We were 7-5 last year. Once we couldn't get to 7-5 that was it. We win last night he would have survived to see another day. Now we need to fully support the new coach. And in today’s world that means NIL. I hope everyone here is donating till it hurts. Put up time.
How much you in for?

Recruiting isn’t the same now. It’s more like NFL free agency. Getting on your knees for an 18 year old isn’t the #1 priority now.

Just remember to bend the knees and lift from the legs when you pick up the bag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom