Babers fired according to Thamel | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Babers fired according to Thamel

All the joy here for even more suffering , I say 80% chance the new guy does worse then Dino. Throw the high heels all you want !!
It would be livery hard to be worse.

Let me clarify, I understand the decision, but I think with failure of Dino and the current state of , NIL and realignment this is a bad day. The outlook is grim.
I don't think this is a bad day at all. Clearly it is for Dino and the staff. Dino will be fine. The staff, I hope they will. But it isn't sad for Syracuse football because they didn't get the job done. We didn't beat a decent team this year. We got rolled in 3 straight games where let's face it, it looked like we didn't even practice. Our recruiting classes, which we try to spin every year (me included) rank at the bottom of the ACC every year. Maybe it can't ge done here. But maybe it can. We have to try. Keeping Dino would just be more of the same. That doesn't mean that it might not get worse for a while. But it also might get better. This move had to be made and it had to be made now because if we won on Saturday, two bowl seasons in a row is tougher to make a change. Would you have given Dino an extention after this? That was the choice.

Last edited:
chadwell makes $4 million at Liberty would have to open up the checkbook for him to make a move

No way this program is as bad where GROB left us
Comedy Central Lol GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

Don't think the problem was Dino at all. The problem is SU's standing in the college football heirarchy.

A northeastern private school that had a glorious football tradition, but which has become increasingly limited in terms of its football potential.

Yes, hope springs eternal. But I don't think we're likely to be any more relevant with a new coach than we are right now. All the best to Dino. He tried his best, he had some success, but ultimately ran up against the new realities of big-time college football.
I think there is truth in all that but school has to make the move to show fans they are trying. I thought they would bring him back with some BS reasoning. I gladly admit I was wrong.

Last edited:
Any insiders know if marrone is interested this time around?

Definitely needed to be done, just hoping to buy out of the contract doesn't hinder the amount of money a University can spend on the next head coach. Heard its sizable, but thats just a rumor
How is that possible with one year left?

Life of assistant coaches are really tough. Dino got 8 years and shitload of money so he's fine.

yeah and dollar for dollar the assistants make a boatload of money to. Low man on a P5 staff probably making 200k to Coach tight ends. Thats more than most large school NYS superintendents for example.

Tough. Never want to see a man lose his job. Dino by all accounts is a great dude and represented the program well. So I wish him nothing but the best. Just wasn’t getting the job done in year 8. With a cupcake schedule next year, this year was the right year to make a move if we were going too. Plus Dino had lost the fan base, alumni, past players and seems he was starting to lose the locker room a bit. Not a good recipe. Wish him and his family nothing but the best.

Although I think we did need to move on, Dino did some great things for Cuse football we can’t all forget.
-6-0 for the first time in FOREVER
-Possible back to back bowl games this year in FORVER
-First 10 win season in FOREVER
-Had us ranked multiple years and all the way up to 12
-Put multiple players in the pros (some high end pros too
-Had multiple sellouts which hadn’t happened in awhile
-Can’t forget that Clemson win at home in 2017, that’s a memorable Dome win and will be FOREVER

The timing is right to move on. Dino has always represented the Program well. He understood the allure of the Syracuse program and the tradition of Syracuse. Was always a stand up guy here at Cuse. Although I think the move to fire him is the right call. I’ll tip my cap to coaches Babers, he’ll always be welcomed back to Cuse in my book, 8 years is a lifetime in college football speak so he’ll always be apart of the Syracuse football family. May not have been the ending we’d like. But hope nothing but success for Dino and his family.
My feelings exactly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom