Babers Halftime speech | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Babers Halftime speech

Lol. Yea, Jakes a big complainer.

Some people thought it was so so. Big deal, it's not an indictment on anything else. It's an opinion on a meaningless pep talk. Maybe there shouldn't have even been a thread? Funny how some thought it was just ok and people take offense to that. I haven't seen anyone who thought it was just ok respond to a ouster who liked it and say What and take offense to the post. Much ado about nothing just because some didn't think it was great.
Not trying to single out Jake, who is a great poster, but responding to the number of posts criticizing the speech.

The speech was actually good. I don't understand the complaints. If you want to complain that it was too short, fine. If you want to complain it was obviously unrehearsed, fine.

He does keep repeating this line about "faith." I'll go with it for now just because he is still introducing himself to the Syracuse community.

But what came across on YouTube was rousing. Maybe it wasn't live.

The most awkward thing about this all was Coyle's introduction. He never formally introduced Babers as the new Syracuse football coach. He just basically said, "here's Dino." If I'm a "basketball only" I'm thinking the Flintstones are in the house.

The speech was fine. I was a little disappointed in the overall response from the crowd. If the basketball team was its usual self, that crowd would have been more electric. Syracuse is a fair weather fan base.

Orijinal said:
The speech was actually good. I don't understand the complaints. If you want to complain that it was too short, fine. If you want to complain it was obviously unrehearsed, fine. He does keep repeating this line about "faith." I'll go with it for now just because he is still introducing himself to the Syracuse community. But what came across on YouTube was rousing. Maybe it wasn't live. The most awkward thing about this all was Coyle's introduction. He never formally introduced Babers as the new Syracuse football coach. He just basically said, "here's Dino." If I'm a "basketball only" I'm thinking the Flintstones are in the house.

I think Coyle rushed it before everyone got in the beer line.

The speech was fine. I was a little disappointed in the overall response from the crowd. If the basketball team was its usual self, that crowd would have been more electric. Syracuse is a fair weather fan base.
jesus :rolleyes:

Nonsense.

It wasn't a great speech, IMO.

Feel free to disagree. Nonsense? Eh...fine. I just thought it was contrived and over-the-top selly.

Basketball halftime speeches don't mean a thing towards win or losses, so onward.

Yeah, Marrone gave a great speech.

But in the end, it was hollow.

Yeah, Marrone gave a great speech.

But in the end, it was hollow.

I think he believed it at the time. I don't think it was hollow; he was naive.

But then devil's advocate...why should Dino's be considered far more sincere now?

Only the future will show us.

KellySyracuse said:
I can't believe people are upset over this. He came out and said we'll win which is what we all want. What's he supposed to do? A few cartwheels, fireworks and strippers? Fair weather fans of which there were many tonight don't care until the team puts up some wins. I thought he did just fine.

Strippers are always a good idea.

i am neutral re him. he did what was expected and what he HAD to do. i have no reaction to him or his speech. after so many years of hearing what we are going to do and all the gloried empty promises and rhetoric, i simply want him to be quiet now, not go on with the bravado. just get down to business, do your job and win. please do not over hype anything. i wish him the best of luck.

I can't believe people are upset over this. He came out and said we'll win which is what we all want. What's he supposed to do? A few cartwheels, fireworks and strippers? Fair weather fans of which there were many tonight don't care until the team puts up some wins. I thought he did just fine.
syracuse has always been a fair weather fan base for any sport college or pro. the fan fan base including sth and non sth has further eroded because there has not been any fair weather---mostly foul weather for years. the fan base has been strung along with empty promises and ineptitude by the the administration. hopefully the chancellor and coyle are taking it in a new direction, finally. they have a ways to go in winning back some of the fair weather fan base and past sth , of which i am one. i wish him luck

syracuse has always been a fair weather fan base for any sport college or pro. the fan fan base including sth and non sth has further eroded because there has not been any fair weather---mostly foul weather for years. the fan base has been strung along with empty promises and ineptitude by the the administration. hopefully the chancellor and coyle are taking it in a new direction, finally. they have a ways to go in winning back some of the fair weather fan base and past sth , of which i am one. i wish him luck
Is it necessary to paint the whole city with one broad stroke? There are a lot of people that live here that follow the team, still have season tickets and go to the games. The whole city is not fair weather fans.

Is it necessary to paint the whole city with one broad stroke? There are a lot of people that live here that follow the team, still have season tickets and go to the games. The whole city is not fair weather fans.
there are infinitely more that do not!!!!/ including the "casual fan" that su needs badly.

the best coach of any team i root for came up with this

who cares about speeches.

the best coach of any team i root for came up with this

who cares about speeches.

Ah what a masters degree in English history from Harvard can do ...

Speech smeech. I don't remember what Grob did, I remember Gross's promises of USC east, I remember Doug rolling up his sleeves, and remember Shafer getting ready to lock the doors. None of it matters. If Babers offense is successful in gaining 500+ yards per game by year 2, nobody will care what he said in his speech.

They played the press conference video, he didn't say it again. What he said was good.

Dougie crushed many things while he was here. Today wasn't fake
Dougie crushed Bologna sandwiches... Babers will crush the record books.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom