Babers on Sirius XM College Sports at 11:20am today 10/20 | Syracusefan.com

Babers on Sirius XM College Sports at 11:20am today 10/20

oh man...they were bashing the locker room bad!! lol
Dino took it in stride though, and talked about the $300 million renovations coming for the dome

DB: The big thing is getting the kids to believe. Especially when you are doing something different. Not only the team, but the administration, the fans, etc.
Should see a recruiting bump next year from this game. 2018 class might re consider Syracuse as an option.
Downplayed the importance of the BC game. Need to be consistently good rather than occasionally great. It would be a big win, but this is going to be a long process. It's not going to be settled in one or two games.
Conceded that if you play a lot of teams on homecoming it's not good. lol. You know you are getting better when the homecoming games are smaller and smaller on your schedule.
Dungey is doing good. Having a good year, but I can't wait to see him next year when he doesn't have to think and everything just happens.

DB: Re: someone questioning his clock management...I worked with Homer Smith. You may as well have called me a dirty name. Buy the book.
Re: them picking on the locker room. "Preach it brother!"

Dino Babers was a guest this morning on Full Ride (Sirius/XM) with Chris Childers and Rick Neuheisel. I happened to be in my car at the moment.

They talked about the win over VT of course and the locker room video that's now gone viral.

Babers and Neuhisel had an excellent rapport. Rick N. talks a lot about end of game clock management muff ups. This came up and Babers said to understand clock management you have to read the book on it by Homer Smith. Rick was right with him on that. Childers had no idea such a book existed.

Regarding BC - Babers expressed concern about their D. He said the winner stays on track to possibly get a bowl bid, but he emphasized this isn't a make or break game for us.

Rick N. was surprised the SU home locker room was using those old antiquated metal lockers. Babers admitted that was the first thing he thought about too when he saw the video. Babers said that an update of the locker room is a part of the new build out.

Childers asked Babers how he feels about this being homecoming at BC? Babers said that he's never coached at a school were so many road games are the opponents homecoming. They asked Babers if he feels that's a slight on your program? Babers said, 'look at it this way, I doubt Alabama is anyone's homecoming game'. Asked if that's motivation? Babers was coy.

Asked if the video is impacting recruiting? Babers said that we're so far into 2017 class recruiting that at most it might impact 2 or 3 recruits this cycle. If it has an impact it would be more for 2018. The impact is it might get a recruit or two to take you seriously who would perhaps not otherwise been intending to do so.

they mentioned early in the week about making the speech the replacement show starter for Les Miles since he no longer is coaching.

They were joking around but not moving out on the dome reno would be the one thing I could see causing Babers to leave. I think he has more than enough self confidence to know the fans will turn out for the product he can put on the field. He also knows that in order to really compete in the division we are in, the facility up dates have to happen.

They were joking around but not moving out on the dome reno would be the one thing I could see causing Babers to leave. I think he has more than enough self confidence to know the fans will turn out for the product he can put on the field. He also knows that in order to really compete in the division we are in, the facility up dates have to happen.

And they have to happen soon. Wish the University would announce some sort of timetable and get rolling on this.

I'm listening to Full Ride today, and at each commercial break there is a promo for an SU alum who does a show. Name I don't recognize (not Schein).

The clip is him talking about SU, being an alum, saying it's a proud program, and bashing everyone for rushing the field against Virginia Tech.

U
G
H

With alum support like that...

Nothing else to talk about?!?

I'm listening to Full Ride today, and at each commercial break there is a promo for an SU alum who does a show. Name I don't recognize (not Schein).

The clip is him talking about SU, being an alum, saying it's a proud program, and bashing everyone for rushing the field against Virginia Tech.

U
G
H

For the kids that did that, it's not their fault, they didn't know. How would they know the we are supposed to beat VT at home.

Let them have their fun and it looks like the team was into it to, so good way to build a connection.

U
G
H

Seriously a friggin kill joy...u gotta rebuild somewhere. If he wants to rag on the students rag on the 5000 too lazy to show up to a primo 3:45pm kickoff, not the 500 true student fans who showed for the game.

Last edited:

U
G
H

I thought I saw Clemson fans rush the field on Saturday. That's ok I guess. smh

For the kids that did that, it's not their fault, they didn't know. How would they know the we are supposed to beat VT at home.

Let them have their fun and it looks like the team was into it to, so good way to build a connection.

Bashing field rushes was popular what 10 years ago, maybe more?

Next promo I need to write down the name and time. I can't wait to not tune in.

Yes, mark packer's college show is using the locker room speech as a show intro, awesome. Love neuheisel as a talk show analyst, childers is clueless. Dino , as always, came across poised and classy.

U
G
H

Guarantee it was Jason Horowitz