Babers said no to Purdy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Babers said no to Purdy

The other thing here is that both Alabama and Texas A&M offered him before signing day shortly after Iowa State did. So this concept that no one else was aware of him isn’t really accurate. But if you look at his recruiting up until about December before signing day it was all FCS and G5 offers.

I think he just connected really well with Campbell and the Iowa State staff. Plus they could basically offer him a clear path to starting that with DeVito we couldn’t necessarily anyway. Major reason why we didn’t land Chance Amie until there was a coaching change at Houston and he flipped. For whatever reason Baber’s staff had a hard time convincing QB recruits to come in and compete when we had an obvious incumbent.

Last edited:
The other thing here is that both Alabama and Texas A&M offered him before signing day shortly after Iowa State did. So this concept that no one else was aware of him isn’t really accurate. But if you look at his recruiting up until thnow December before signing day it was all FCS and G5 offers.

I think he just connected really well with Campbell and the Iowa State staff. Plus they could basically offer him a clear path to starting that with DeVito we couldn’t necessarily anyway. Major reason why we didn’t land Chance Amie until there was a coaching change at Houston and he flipped. For whatever reason Baber’s staff had a hard time convincing QB recruits to come in and compete when we had an obvious incumbent.
Having Martin and Gilbert as back to back QB coaches was less than ideal

1000 of these stories, Scouting is imperfect . End of story.
Players also get better, not everyone starts out as the same player they end. There’s plenty of busts that support the same arguement.

This happens often. Where was ASU and UofA?

Every time I see my former QB light it up for South Florida I often wonder why WF, UNC, NC St and ECU passed on him as well as the rest of the ACC. It happens.

I’m a big Dino hater

But this is one of the worst takes I’ve seen LOL

So didn’t a lot of other college coaches….

I’m a big Dino hater

But this is one of the worst takes I’ve seen LOL

So didn’t a lot of other college coaches….
To play devil's advocate, not all those coaches had him brought in for a workout by a staff member, had him ace the workout, and then not take him because he's only 6'1 (If you trust Boller).

To play devil's advocate, not all those coaches had him brought in for a workout by a staff member, had him ace the workout, and then not take him because he's only 6'1 (If you trust Boller).
Which makes no sense because Devito was only 6’ 1” also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom