Back From PPL Park | Syracusefan.com

Back From PPL Park

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
Please understand that I know next to nothing about lacrosse.

But I do appreciate the athleticism of the players and the flow of the game - it's a great game.

The weather today at PPL in Chester PA was sunny but very windy. I got the impression that the Orange was more affected by the wind than was ND.

The crowd was smaller than I expected - one side of the stadium was used and it was not full.

It almost seemed that the players were having trouble with the grass field? Do they play most of their games on field turf?

From what I could see, the ND attack player Matt Kavannaugh was the difference in the game.

I did not like the loss but I had a lot of fun watching the play - a great sport.

OrangePA said:
Please understand that I know next to nothing about lacrosse. But I do appreciate the athleticism of the players and the flow of the game - it's a great game. The weather today at PPL in Chester PA was sunny but very windy. I got the impression that the Orange was more affected by the wind than was ND. The crowd was smaller than I expected - one side of the stadium was used and it was not full. It almost seemed that the players were having trouble with the grass field? Do they play most of their games on field turf? From what I could see, the ND attack player Matt Kavannaugh was the difference in the game. I did not like the loss but I had a lot of fun watching the play - a great sport.

SU lax is used to playing on the Dome turf.

cuseguy said:
SU lax is used to playing on the Dome turf.

What is the surface for the F4 in Baltimore?

M&T Bank Stadium is an artificial turf stadium.

It was put in after the 2003 quagmire Final 4. They didn't do much to take care of it during the weekend because they knew it was going to be removed to put in the field turf.

you also have to take into account that the field took quite a beating Friday with the amount of rain and having played two full games on it. I'm sure the field was a little soggy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom