Bad press impact on recruiting | Syracusefan.com

Bad press impact on recruiting

USMCSnyper

2nd String
I am curious to see if the recent issues on campus impact our recruiting. I know PSU has the QB death threats etc... it an appearance (or actual?) perception of systemic racist does not bode well for us. IMHO.

how much did the sandusky scandal hurt PSU? this is a bit below that level
We don't know how much it hurt them? Who considered going there and didn't. We aren't Penn St. We need advantages. Not disadvantages.

Right now, who cares? This is a concern for next week/month.

Hopefully, they catch the perp and then the story will blow over quickly.

I care, more about the fact it’s happening, but also how it affects the school and the teams. There is no excuse for this kind of crap. Racism, white nationalism etc is one of the worst things out there in my view.

I care about the fact that it's happening, the safety of everyone on campus, how it affects the students, faculty, members of the community and alums who are in marginalized groups and overall, and after all of that how it affects the school. How it impacts SU sports is a secondary concern for the future, not for right now.

I agree there are no excuses for it, and white nationalism and racism are some of the worst things out there... I just don't think we should worry about the impacts of this on our recruiting right now.

It's a great thing to come together around sports and try to show the strength and inclusiveness of the community, and that can be done in the short term. Using them as a distraction from some of the evil in the world can be important, too.
But gaming out the impacts this is going to have on recruiting? It's too soon.

Hopefully, they catch the perp and then the story will blow over quickly.

Hopefully they catch the perp AND make the institutional changes necessary to make SU more inclusive for all students and to make sure that everyone, but especially those in marginalized groups, feels safe each and every day on campus.

Then and only then do I hope it blows over quickly.

If handled well from here, it could be mitigated or even turn into an asset.

How does the school not have cameras on and around campus. Or at least syracuse city should right ?

do you know how many kids have sued campuses because of cameras ?

many of the things schools would like to do with cameras they cant , people want safety but just as many want none of their movements recorded. even so most of the cameras dont really get clear shots much of the time.

even home owners have sued because the neighbors door camera is recording stuff across the street in their yards.

do you know how many kids have sued campuses because of cameras ?

many of the things schools would like to do with cameras they cant , people want safety but just as many want none of their movements recorded. even so most of the cameras dont really get clear shots much of the time.

even home owners have sued because the neighbors door camera is recording stuff across the street in their yards.

It amazes me how many people want to be or don't care about being monitored 24/7.

No impact. zero. No kids in Florida, or North Carolina, or Georgia are hearing about it nor do they care.

We don't know exactly what kids are hearing. The story is all over the internet. On the other hand, nobody under 60 seems to use Yahoo.com as their home page anymore.

I had not heard of this until I googled it after seeing this thread.
It's not as widespread and in peoples faces as some believe.
I hope the campus gets these issued resolved quickly for all involved.

IMHO, there should be no impact for this happens on most college campuses. Can't wait to see who is behind this for don't count out a townie or a student looking for attention.
It's Schiano trying to get a leg up for his return to Rutgers.

I had not heard of this until I googled it after seeing this thread.
It's not as widespread and in peoples faces as some believe.
I hope the campus gets these issued resolved quickly for all involved.

Got several stories, including AP and Reuters, about this in my news feed this morning. It's out there. Whether 17, 18 year old kids down south pick up on any of this...? I agree that it is in virtually everyone's interest that the morons who have been pulling this crap are apprehended ASAP.

It amazes me how many people want to be or don't care about being monitored 24/7.

It astonishes me and I believe it's another unintended negative consequence of social media. It has eroded people's sense of privacy - both the fools who post mundane details and the voyeurs who passively observe.

I lived in China, thankfully before the advent of smartphones, and my phone calls were regularly listened to in real time.

I know what it's like to have zero expectation of privacy and wish more Americans had a better understanding of the risks tacitly accepting 24/7 monitoring poses to our society.

We don't know exactly what kids are hearing. The story is all over the internet. On the other hand, nobody under 60 seems to use Yahoo.com as their home page anymore.

I just hit Facebook, the Miami herald, Orlando sentinel, Atlanta journal, charlotte observer, Detroit free press and guess what? Nada.

You think they’re all snapping about it? Making tic-toks, Instagram?

Last edited: