Band moving to the corner? | Syracusefan.com

Band moving to the corner?

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
Did I miss this during my summer of George?

Just saw it in the DO Otto's Army article. Student overflow will now be behind the goal posts where the band was.

I like the idea. Especially since they have all orange uniforms now. Where I sit it will make it easier to hear them.

OrangeXtreme said:
What is this thing called "Student Overflow"? ;)

I recall seeing such a thing at the Minnesota game of 2009. Until one student vomited all over the section, and then it was empty again.

I recall seeing such a thing at the Minnesota game of 2009. Until one student vomited all over the section, and then it was empty again.
I blame the nachos + extra jalapeños. The Genny creamers had nothing to do with that incident.

Good for the band. Those end zone seats suck.

There's a section to the left of the band that is used as overflow.. I dont think they're moving the band.

There's a section to the left of the band that is used as overflow.. I dont think they're moving the band.

It’s going to change a little bit. The band used to be right behind the end zone. They’re now moving toward the corner of the student section. Now more of the student overflow will be where the band was. It’s kind of like the band will be flanked by the student section a little bit.

OrangeXtreme said:
It’s going to change a little bit. The band used to be right behind the end zone. They’re now moving toward the corner of the student section. Now more of the student overflow will be where the band was. It’s kind of like the band will be flanked by the student section a little bit.

Cool, that's my first response puts them close to the tunnel and if theyre playing in a corner it will expand the reach of their sound. Our band needs to learn to play LOUD.

Only problem I see is if they're next to the tunnel there will be an empty spot in every video of SU taking the field because the band flanks the team entrance on the field.

Could they kill the split band in the 2nd half also its like living in an echo chamber or worse they each play different songs at the same time from opposite ends of the stadium.

Could they kill the split band in the 2nd half also its like living in an echo chamber or worse they each play different songs at the same time from opposite ends of the stadium.

I have been saying that for years!!! For one, the people on the opposite side of the field sometimes choose to sit there to get away from the band and the noise they make. Also, when they move to the opposite side its impossible to watch the game if you are unlucky enough for them to come to your section because people in that section just stand up turn around with their back to the field to look at the band for most of the quarter they are there. Not to mention when they play they make it impossible to hear the announcer over the loud system say anything.

Also its a terrible visual on TV for those at home as it looks like half the band got up and left at hafltime and makes our band look like only a few dozen kids who actually stay for the whole game

Band locations, student sections, etc are 1st world problems. We are a third world offense, feed us Dino so I can worry about such extravagances!!!

"Student overflow" behind the goal posts where the band once was???? Great, that sea of grey will look great on tv for extra points.

"Student overflow" behind the goal posts where the band once was???? Great, that sea of grey will look great on tv for extra points.

Not for long... #Dino'sWorld

Our band needs to learn to play LOUD.

The problem is not the band, the problem is the weird acoustics in the Dome. It totally muffles sound, in a way that doesn't happen at outdoor venues. Ideally they'd find a way to appropriately mic the band and control/direct the sound more uniformly.

You put the band behind the opposing teams sidelines (or shaded that way, don't want to lose all that prime revenue). You put the visiting fans between their team and the band, in the corner.

Drown out and annoy the visitors.

they definitely need to get it figured out before Clempson gets back here next year. Their band was so loud and played almost right up to the snap. Wildhack needs to get on that, we can't have that team come into our home and show us up with the band too. I'm still sore about it :mad::noidea:

In addition to student seating they are also selling season tickets to the young alumni form$100 in the lower level end zone. The new Associate AD Anthony Difino has come up with some great to improve the game day experience in addition to moving the band.

Not for long... #Dino'sWorld
Speaking of, the band better play the main line of the Jurassic Park theme here and there during games.

In addition to student seating they are also selling season tickets to the young alumni form$100 in the lower level end zone. The new Associate AD Anthony Difino has come up with some great to improve the game day experience in addition to moving the band.
Been pushing this idea for years

Speaking of, the band better play the main line of the Jurassic Park theme here and there during games.

The quality of that soundtrack would have been a perfect match for McF-it's offense.
:p

Been pushing this idea for years

Ya - credit to whichever new hire made this happen, but it didn't require hiring someone with clever ideas. They only needed to find someone willing to listen to the people who've been pushing these clever (and kind of common sense) ideas for years.