Class of 2014 - Barnwell | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Barnwell

memcorsu

2nd String
I was looking down the offer lists on another site and noticed that he is at Nassau CC and has high interest in us with no offer. Looks like he is up to 6'4" 250. Did we lose interest? Anyone have any info?

I was looking down the offer lists on another site and noticed that he is at Nassau CC and has high interest in us with no offer. Looks like he is up to 6'4" 250. Did we lose interest? Anyone have any info?

Paging Money...

Guy really fell off. Wasted his first year as Nassau. Wonder if they pulled the scholarship offer.

That's strange. It was less than two months ago that Dnyr85 posted this update from money3189:

"doing well academically. He didnt play as much as he wanted. They had two returning DE's. One with D1 offers and the other with D2 offers. He's gonna hit the S &C hard this off season, Nassau staff expecting big things from him next year. SU is still keeping tabs. Not sure if other schools been in to see him. He needed to get away from Rochester. Best thing for him"

I'm curious why you think he 'fell off' ?
Everything I've read about him talked about how he didn't take advantage of his freshman year and wasn't prepared for the level of play.

Everything I've read about him talked about how he didn't take advantage of his freshman year and wasn't prepared for the level of play.

True. I suspect thats why a lot of true frosh end up redshirting though.

I think the bottom line will be does he stay in shape, get stronger and retain his football gifts and then where does he project and what's the need at that position.

Paging Money...
Poncho wasnt physically ready to play. Wasnt a big weight room guy in HS. So he struggled to get playing time in front of 2 year players who already been through S & C there. He is now 6'4 260. Bench presses 225 15 times and he will get stronger. He starts spring ball at Nassau in a week. Cuse has slowed down on him. Miami has interest along with others. The big OT Maverty is his room mate. He battles him in practice all the time. Poncho will have a big sophomore season.

I think it hinges on his success at CC with those things called books. If he cracks those enough to start showing he cares ,he might get the required inters. If not then NO.! " Hey Cisco, wait for me"!

Poncho wasnt physically ready to play. Wasnt a big weight room guy in HS. So he struggled to get playing time in front of 2 year players who already been through S & C there. He is now 6'4 260. Bench presses 225 15 times and he will get stronger. He starts spring ball at Nassau in a week. Cuse has slowed down on him. Miami has interest along with others. The big OT Maverty is his room mate. He battles him in practice all the time. Poncho will have a big sophomore season.

Sign them BOTH up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom