Baseline Out of Bounds Plays | Syracusefan.com

Baseline Out of Bounds Plays

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Sneakers Avatar Guy
I know it's been mentioned in multiple individual comments, but I wanted to start a thread about probably the only frustrating thing about the game vs. Gonzaga, and almost the entire the season... the baseline out of bounds plays we've been running. I honestly do not get it. Our set typically ends up with Roberson in the coffin corner, guarded by at least one defender, hoping to get Cooney stepping in and getting a handoff after the initial pass. It's just not a good setup. It puts Roberson in a terrible position that does not cater to any of his strengths. Against Gonzaga, in a tight spots, Roberson ended up kicking it out of bounds. Even when he does catch it, I'm still nervous of a double team/turnover. It's a massive struggle to get the ball in, getting an easy bucket on the baseline out of bounds seems like a pipe dream.
However, I know JB can do it, I've seen it in action! I work with a college basketball team, and actually walked their coach through this baseline play because of how smoothly it worked at the time (albeit a game none of us want to remember). Why has the baseline out of bounds play become so "meh" for the Orange?

Yeah, Roberson in the corner doesn't exactly put us in attack mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom