Basketball "journalism" stinks | Syracusefan.com

Basketball "journalism" stinks

Since I hate the media, I typically am cynical with anything I see/hear...

So, when I saw the top five programs with most 20 wins season during the W. Kentucky vs Kansas game, I didn't believe we weren't in that top five they showed. They the norms UK, KU, etc,and had W. Kentucky fourth or fifth with 41 20-win seasons. I quick lycheck and we have 42. Not a huge deal but makes me doubt anything these clowns put out there...

Then, looking at ESPN's site today where they rank/reseed the remaining 16, some myron metcalf guys says the folllowing:

12. Syracuse (3-seed; was No. 4 in the East): In their first tournament game, the Orange destroyed a Montana team that had lost its best player (Mathias Ward) to a foot injury a few weeks earlier. But that 81-34 margin was still somewhat impressive. Less impressive? A 12-minute scoring drought in its victory over Cal in the third round. The Orange advanced, but they'll get whipped by Indiana in the Sweet 16 if they encounter similar struggles this week. Jim Boeheim's team is talented enough to reach Atlanta but streaky enough to get crushed by the Hoosiers.

Ummm, dude, a quick check on your own website shows they had two 2-min scoring droughts and that's it. Huge difference between scoring drought and "baskets". During this said drought, we had 12 FT makes, 12>0. Don't they have editors? Yuck.

...and ESPN's website is awful. No references to Syracuse on the College hoop homepage but yet four for UK...

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ament-how-selection-committee-reseed-sweet-16

http://www.ncaa.com/game/basketball-men/d1/2013/03/23/california-syracuse