Battle & Lydon | Syracusefan.com

Battle & Lydon

Only two guys who are legit. Hopefully the fact we are bad will keep Battle from being noticed too much. Imagine if they both left, ouch. Battle needs to be moved to the one ASAP.

Main reason he has to play it now is because he'll need to next year. This years shot.

He's definitely a player. Really like the aggression lately.

Really unfortunate we don't have a solid list of guys coming in next year, because he would be a solid piece with Thompson. Obviously Lydon too, if he stayed.

Main reason he has to play it now is because he'll need to next year. This years shot.
Yes, I said that in my other thread (which I deleted). Sometimes, I have bad H0T Takes after games. Happens Photobucket burning couch

Enjoy them both now...
Can you imagine losing them both after a mediocre season and bringing in an average recruiting class? Yikes, this place would be unbearable. The state of this program is really up in the air right now.

So if Battle moves to the 1 who plays the 2 at the top of the zone? Or are we switching to m2m in this scenario. Just trying to understand what we are talking about.

So if Battle moves to the 1 who plays the 2 at the top of the zone? Or are we switching to m2m in this scenario. Just trying to understand what we are talking about.
White, and then run Thompson in the middle with Lydon and Robie on the wings.

Edit: White on top can't be any worse than Gillon.

Can you imagine losing them both after a mediocre season and bringing in an average recruiting class? Yikes, this place would be unbearable. The state of this program is really up in the air right now.
Not really in the air- Pretty clearly headed downwards, IMO. Sucks but life goes on.

Yeah, that's the problem, not sure there is a solution to all of this. Maybe go 5th year again and hope we get a solid point guard. Howard isn't the answer, haven't seen one thing about his game in 2 years that's shown me otherwise.

All that said it may be easier to get a 2 from HS or transferring than it will be to get a 1 which defaults Battle to the point if Howard leaves.

Scrap going after a point guard for next year and beg Battle to come back by promising him the position of feature PG.

Howard can be his back up.

Find two shooters at the 2 and 3 for spacing and we should he set at the 4 and 5 since, for some reason, all our recruits are 4's and 5's.

Scrap going after a point guard for next year and beg Battle to come back by promising him the position of feature PG.

Howard can be his back up.

Find two shooters at the 2 and 3 for spacing and we should he set at the 4 and 5 since, for some reason, all our recruits are 4's and 5's.

I think you put more into a recruiting plan with your post than the staff has.

Lydon may well leave after this season. Don't see Battle going anywhere. He won't get a stage to play on since it's pretty unlikely we make the tourney field. Maybe not even NIT. A lot of the NIT field now is automatic qualifiers from non P5 conferences and our record may not earn an at large. If Lydon leaves next year will probably be the worst record since before the JB era. We have nothing of immediate help coming in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom