Battle | Syracusefan.com

Battle

ejz555

2nd String
at the CBA Hoop Tourney and Tyus Battle is here in a walking boot on his left foot.

From yesterday's PS Waters article:
"My foot's feeling really good now,'' Battle said. "There's no pain going to the basket and stuff like that. It's getting there. It's feeling really good."

From yesterday's PS Waters article:
"My foot's feeling really good now,'' Battle said. "There's no pain going to the basket and stuff like that. It's getting there. It's feeling really good."
JB said the same in his post game presser. He said Tyus didn't start those few games because he wasn't 100%.

so I'm a bit confused by this... who walks around in a boot for precautionary reasons with a game (that they're apparently all set to play in) coming up in a couple of days? Does he wear a boot around any time he's not playing?
And, if this is some lingering serious thing that would then seemingly require surgery and recovery to fully heal, why would Tyus/his dad/the team risk having him play on it now?

so I'm a bit confused by this... who walks around in a boot for precautionary reasons with a game (that they're apparently all set to play in) coming up in a couple of days? Does he wear a boot around any time he's not playing?
And, if this is some lingering serious thing that would then seemingly require surgery and recovery to fully heal, why would Tyus/his dad/the team risk having him play on it now?
Hopefully not that serious; if it was his knee, he would be walking around with a sleeve or brace as a precaution.

I think we all know his foot isn't 100%, but it may never be 100% in his career. If it's healthy enough to play on, there's no reason not to have him wear a boot whenever possible. We had a couple kids in high school with sprained ankles wear boots throughout the week to speed up recovery as much as possible. They'd take the boot off for practice and games, then slap it back on. It's a good idea for foot/ankle injuries that aren't bad enough to prevent you from playing effectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we all know his foot isn't 100%, but it may never be 100% in his career. If it's healthy enough to play on, there's no reason not to have him wear a boot whenever possible. We had a couple kids in high school with sprained ankles wear boots throughout the week to speed up recovery as much as possible. They'd take the boot off for practice and games, then slap it back on. It's a good idea for foot/ankle injuries that aren't bad enough to prevent you from playing effectively.
thanks, this helps!
(I did not know boots were used in such a way)

Seems like the whole program is in a proverbial boot right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom