Battle's Deadline | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Battle's Deadline

The fact that someone posted a recently updated mock draft showing nets taking him at 40 confirms to me he’s leaving. I think he worked out for them and it’s close to home . I think this is all he wanted and hoped for was a second round selection. Could take Cuse summer courses.
"Someone" + "mock draft" = Tyus has his mind made up because the Nets, one of the worst franchises in sports, may take him in the 2nd round?

Tyus has viewed himself as a 1st round talent. I don't think for a nanosecond that all he wanted and hoped for was to be drafted #40+.

Especially after averaging 19.2 ppg in the ACC as a sophomore, I don't think he's thrilled about not getting 1st round feedback.

I'm not sure whether he stays or goes.

I thought he considered himself a one and done. Or was that just our fanbase?

If he was healthy his whole Freshman season and the rest of that team wasn't so dysfunctional (neither were big "if's"), he certainly could have been OAD.

Mock drafts after the 1st or 2nd pick mean nothing. He could get picked earlier or later than 40 or not at all. He nor anyone else is 100% sure what team will draft him, if he gets drafted. To make a decision based on your reasoning would not be wise in my opinion.

I don’t disagree but there were never any media suggestions that he was even considered first round because of the talent this year. Therefore I assume he knew this going in to the combine and perhaps thought he may kill it there. He did good but not extraordinary. He then went out to try out for various teams now probably knowing he’s not first round. He did this for the experience or 2nd round understanding imho.

If he was healthy his whole Freshman season and the rest of that team wasn't so dysfunctional (neither were big "if's"), he certainly could have been OAD.
Sorry, but this makes it sound as if it had NOTHING to do with his actual game.

Tyus to announce at 4:00? Trying to attach a screen shot from twitter but it’s not sure if it’s letting me

Attachments

• 38B4B8B6-C5DB-442A-8710-829AAFDD0ADD.png
    38B4B8B6-C5DB-442A-8710-829AAFDD0ADD.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 118
Sorry, but this makes it sound as if it had NOTHING to do with his actual game.

He shot 52% inside the arc, 37% behind the arc, played well against ACC opponents, defended really well, handled the ball well, showed good athleticism, and is 6'6". His ability didn't hold him back from jumping after a year. A culmination of factors, including the foot injury and the mess of a team he was a part of were the main factors, imo.

Seems pretty official announcing your announcement. Looks like he's gone.

Almost wondering if Bradley Shafer is personal friend of his who goes to SU. He is reporting that at 4pm he will do it in Manley Field House.

Almost wondering if Bradley Shafer is personal friend of his who goes to SU. He is reporting that at 4pm he will do it in Manley Field House.
Tyus is on campus.? This is how Carmelo did it right?

Seems pretty official announcing your announcement. Looks like he's gone.
So far, I don't see anything about an "official" announcement, just an unofficial rumor of an announcement.

Somebody tweeting back and forth with Seth Goldberg from ESPNRadioSyracuse.

We'll know what he knows in about 30 minutes.

I don't know if he's right or not, but he's not tweeting back and forth with anyone. he's just tweeting to those people. so 4pm at manley. hope he's right.

This is like being in the waiting room of my dentist's office

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom