Baylor will beat Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

Baylor will beat Kentucky

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
They have the athletes and defense to give them fits.

Unfortunately I think Baylor would give us fits too, so I'm rather torn for who to root for.

Baylor is not smart or fundamentally sound. They have great athletes, but I doubt you can beat UK playing their game. Not a huge fan of Baylor's guard play...they run hot and cold.

Baylor is not smart or fundamentally sound. They have great athletes, but I doubt you can beat UK playing their game. Not a huge fan of Baylor's guard play...they run hot and cold.
I concur with this 100%. I'll be rooting for them though and I hope Heslip hits about 10 3's.

Baylor out of all the teams left may have the best shot atm, the key is definitely the guard play like a few said above...I am confident they have what it takes to win, they played a lot of tough teams this year and will be prepared. If the guards knock down shots then I smell an upset! Go Bears!

just got back from the kentucky game. god are there fans annoying. every big game, there are 15-20k of them. it's as if it is a state law that one must attend kentucky games or else be hanged. they bother me too. they have this arrogance about them that they don't care who they play because it will be an automatic win. come up with another cheer besides "Go Big Blue!"

i know i shouldn't say this because of the history of SU/IU, but IU is going to be a fun team to watch. old school basketball. move the ball around really well. a little young still but should be very good in the next few years.

that being said, i agree, baylor has a great shot at beating kentucky. #4 Acy, is a freak athlete. should give davis some fits. also, they have the guards to give kentucky fits. every team with good guards gives kentucky issues.

no impartial observer can watch how that kentucky team plays when they get going and think that ANY team has a good chance at beating them. sure anything can happen in one game but man oh man...that team has an NBA starting five on it. they play together...they play tough defense...they rebound on both ends...despite what people claim and based on no statistical fact, they CAN shoot the three if the need to. they are clearly the best team in the country and its not really close. having said that..of course we can beat them if we play our best and they dont..baylor has no shot.

no impartial observer can watch how that kentucky team plays when they get going and think that ANY team has a good chance at beating them. sure anything can happen in one game but man oh man...that team has an NBA starting five on it. they play together...they play tough defense...they rebound on both ends...despite what people claim and based on no statistical fact, they CAN shoot the three if the need to. they are clearly the best team in the country and its not really close. having said that..of course we can beat them if we play our best and they dont..baylor has no shot.

i agree that kentucky is an NBA team playing college basketball, i don't think anyone can deny that, but do not count Baylor out.
Like I said, #4 is a freak athlete who could give davis fits, and baylor has a big, tall, lanky kid (who kind of looks like their woman's big, brittany griner, from afar btw) who can help clog up the middle to give trouble for lamb and MKG. the white shooting guard for baylor, heslip, can go off at anytime. he didn't hit anything tonight, but in the round of 32 he hit like 7, 8, or 9 three's. i think he is shooting like .450 from 3... Unreal

Baylor is a very good team. They beat everyone they were supposed to this year, but until they beat KU in the Big 12 tourney, they didn't have a win over a great team all year. They were 0-3 against Mizzou, 1-2 vs. Kansas (and let's face it, the Jayhawks didn't care), and they split with K-State and Iowa State. While they had several quality NC wins (WVU, Miss. St., San Diego St., BYU, St. Mary's, Northwestern), they have yet to play a single-digit seed in the tournament. And now they have to play Kentucky? I don't think it's going to happen.

They have the athletes and defense to give them fits.

Unfortunately I think Baylor would give us fits too, so I'm rather torn for who to root for.

Just don't expect a clock to run , if they are in the vicinity of Terrence Jones or Acie.

Baylor is a very good team. They beat everyone they were supposed to this year, but until they beat KU in the Big 12 tourney, they didn't have a win over a great team all year. They were 0-3 against Mizzou, 1-2 vs. Kansas (and let's face it, the Jayhawks didn't care), and they split with K-State and Iowa State. While they had several quality NC wins (WVU, Miss. St., San Diego St., BYU, St. Mary's, Northwestern), they have yet to play a single-digit seed in the tournament. And now they have to play Kentucky? I don't think it's going to happen.
I like Kentucky vs them. The X-factor, as it is in all games is the 3. If Heslip can go off, they have a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom