Baylor | Syracusefan.com

Baylor

texasorange

2nd String
Now with Dino Babers hired as our new head coach for Syracuse football; what is the chance we see Baylor University on Syracuse's future schedule? Fertile recruiting grounds, another private university, a recognizable P5 name...

The Big 12's new rule that their teams must play at least one P5 team every season certainly increases the chances of this happening.

We're going to need a bigger...scoreboard.

texasorange said:
Now with Dino Babers hired as our new head coach for Syracuse football; what is the chance we see Baylor University on Syracuse's future schedule? Fertile recruiting grounds, another private university, a recognizable P5 name...
I doubt Baylor would do a home and home with Syracuse. They do not recruit New York. Little in it for them.

I doubt Baylor would do a home and home with Syracuse. They do not recruit New York. Little in it for them.
That and our next year without a scheduled P5 opponent isn't until 2022, and I don't know if we'd be willing to double up too much.

You don't think national exposure would be there? I am assuming this is a few years down the road & Babers has things rolling & Briles is still pushing the pedal to the metal in Waco.

I appreciate what they've done down there, but nothing says 35,000 people in the Dome like a game against Baylor.

It'd be the worst of both worlds - a good non-league team that can beat us but, for casual fans, a no-name team that won't draw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom