BC game, what does it mean? | Syracusefan.com

BC game, what does it mean?

two3zone

RIP Shark58
I'm looking at this game as an automatic win as crazy as it sounds. I don't think we'll have too much of a problem with them, with that said, what does it mean?

If we blow them out by 20, does that mean we have a solid team or did we just do what we should have done.

If they play us close, say a win by 10 or 5, does that mean we're in real trouble?

If we win by 4 or less, does that mean we're a bad team?

If we lose, are we hopeless for the season?

In my opinion, this game is just trouble in any situations listed above.

I think the handwriting is on the wall. we're an average to slightly below average team. BC is probably worse than us...and we're at home.

Although home court isn't anything like Manley.

I'm looking at this game as an automatic win as crazy as it sounds. I don't think we'll have too much of a problem with them, with that said, what does it mean?

If we blow them out by 20, does that mean we have a solid team or did we just do what we should have done.

If they play us close, say a win by 10 or 5, does that mean we're in real trouble?

I guess if you want to look for the negative, you can always find it somewhere. :bang:

All I think it means is that we have an opportunity to stop the bleeding. We haven't won a game since Texas Southern, for christ's sake--and we've blown multiple opportunities.

When you're on this type of losing streak, the most important thing is to end the streak. Especially with the tough stretch we have coming up. I honestly don't care how many points we win by, just win baby. Hopefully, we handle them, play the bench, and the team gets to feel good for a night before turning their focus to the next game.

All I think it means is that we have an opportunity to stop the bleeding. We haven't won a game since Texas Southern, for christ's sake--and we've blown multiple opportunities.

When you're on this type of losing streak, the most important thing is to end the streak. Especially with the tough stretch we have coming up. I honestly don't care how many points we win by, just win baby. Hopefully, we handle them, play the bench, and the team gets to feel good for a night before turning their focus to the next game.
:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

This is a must win (any kind of win) if there is any thought to getting momentum back for the team.

We lose this one, we could fall apart like the Williams/Shumpert 2002 team, imo.

This is a must win (any kind of win) if there is any thought to getting momentum back for the team.

We lose this one, we could fall apart like the Williams/Shumpert 2002 team, imo.

I don't see us losing tonight. I just have a really good feeling for some reason. But if we do, we may fall apart, but I'm not sure it will be EXACTLY like the Williams/Shumpert team - at least based on the rumors I've read about that year :)

I don't see us losing tonight. I just have a really good feeling for some reason. But if we do, we may fall apart, but I'm not sure it will be EXACTLY like the Williams/Shumpert team - at least based on the rumors I've read about that year :)

Ha, well I hope not.

I just feel that if we lose tonight, there could be some re-calibration of players' goals for the year.

I doubt we could duplicate the toxicity of that team, no matter what.

I guess if you want to look for the negative, you can always find it somewhere. :bang:

What the realistic positive? We win and it sparks a 10 game win streak? That isn't realistic.

We need to end out losing streak just like BC ended our winning streak two years ago. GOTTA HAVE THIS ONE.

:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

I was wondering if the bench issue would be raised after the game - people mad at JB for not giving the bench guys some run in a blowout - that kind of thing. Didn't expect it to become a thing before the game even starts. I do like your response though.

This is a wiggle room game, in that the team doesn't have much to get into post ACC tourn play (other than winning the ACC tourn)

I hope and feel it will be a fairly comfortable win. If it's a close win, I guess the positive we can take is we were able to pull one out down the stretch when we let a few opportunities to do that slip away in the last few games.

I don't even want to think about what would happen if we lose tonight.

I would say the next two games are must win.

I think that's fair to say with Duke and Virginia on the road following those. Virginia is beatable this year but we'd have to hitting on most cylinders.

Instead of trying to blast me, why don't you come up with some?
Simply, because the team needs a win.

I wasn't blasting you, just picking up on the negative attitude you had here and another thread yesterday.

If we lose:
• Cancel the program; or
• Hold a lottery to select one of the forum members to coach the team for the next game, via tweets. Select the starting lineup, make substitutions, choose the defense...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom