Beck and swag OC and DC! | Syracusefan.com

Beck and swag OC and DC!

we all know Beck has the possibility to be a great OC, Does Monroe have the ability to be a great DC? GO…
I think we are about to find out on both. Dino needs to string two winning seasons together for a change. We’ll know the answer next year.

Monroe was due a DC gig and hes never given us reason to doubt.

Lets give Swag our support. We have the youthful coaching talent at coordinator now thats desirable across cfb. This could’ve unraveled much worse imo.

I think if there's was confidence in Monroe he would have been named the DC to help prevent decommits and guys going to the portal.

Not so sure

I believe that Anae was actually a planned departure. I’m not so sure, but I believe Anae was only on a 1 year deal. Which is why Beck was named so quickly.

I believe Tony White was unexpected. Which is why swag got the interim tag. Think he might eventually be the guy

I’ve been carping about DFB not bringing in known recruiters, and if we lose Monroe, who seems to be the only really solid recruiter on staff, I’m done with this staff.

It shows how bad this staff has been recruiting when everyone thinks Monroe is god’s gift to recruiting. He’s just average on a team that can’t recruit. Do you think he would still be here if he was killing it on the recruiting trail? The SEC and Big 10 would scarf hIm up in a heartbeat.

Maybe Swag Daddy is the answer, seems to be really committed to SU (or Dino at least). Perhaps this could provide some stability to that side of the ball going forward? Anyone of TW quality will just be a 1-2 year rental anyway.

Though it's possible it could be made permanent based on his performance.
I don’t think it’s actually a tryout, if he was the presumed replacement they would’ve announced it. I think they’ll have him interview alongside other candidates and he will get it if he is the best fit.

It’s not pretty but a bowl game really isn’t a good “tryout”

It shows how bad this staff has been recruiting when everyone thinks Monroe is god’s gift to recruiting. He’s just average on a team that can’t recruit. Do you think he would still be here if he was killing it on the recruiting trail? The SEC and Big 10 would scarf hIm up in a heartbeat.
Don't you ever get tired of posting the same thing over and over and over again.

Not so sure

I believe that Anae was actually a planned departure. I’m not so sure, but I believe Anae was only on a 1 year deal. Which is why Beck was named so quickly.

I believe Tony White was unexpected. Which is why swag got the interim tag. Think he might eventually be the guy
Yes. Too bad. Should’ve named Tony HC…

They keep giving monroe titles like first key assistant for passing defense coordination on alternate weekends as an excuse to bump his pay, so he must have some kind of leverage. It'll be shite or get off the pot time with him soon.

They keep giving monroe titles like first key assistant for passing defense coordination on alternate weekends as an excuse to bump his pay, so he must have some kind of leverage. It'll be shite or get off the pot time with him soon.
He has incriminating pics of Dino...only possible explanation

You can tell what Dino thinks just by the press release. One was promoted to the actual position one was given in interim tag.

Not so sure

There is zero chance losing whIte was "unexpected" unless you are living under a rock White was gone sooner or later to a bigger or better oppurtunity.

Last edited:

We probably over hype Monroe as a recruiter, but the product is just as important as the salesman. This salesman hasn’t had the best product to sell, and he’s done pretty well for us.

With the DB draft picks we’ve had, and recruiting success he’s had relative to the rest of the Cuse FB staff, I’d be surprised if he hasn’t been approached for other opportunities.

He strikes me as a guy who is quite loyal to Dino, and I’m really glad he’s on our staff.

Press release?

I've seen nothing official from SU yet.

Just reporters with sources.

I am sure they are all just randomly guessing that Monroe got tagged with the interim label and Beck got full promoted.

What if they promoted Nick Monroe but Dino coaxed Rocky Long to become the LB coach?

What's the differance...If they turn out to be any good one of the other teams in the SEC,Big Ten or some other Power House will buy them away from us anyway. College Football is going to hell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom