Been typing all night | Syracusefan.com

Been typing all night

SWC75

Bored Historian
for the "Coach's Show" posts and this mess comes in while I'm doing it. I haven't read the other posts yet.

The ESPN report seems very specific:
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...investigating-bernie-fine-molesting-boy-1980s

But SU is saying they investigate this for four months and interviewed people who were supposed to back up the story and they didn't. Tim Welch just said that he was Bernie's roommate when he was here and he never saw any evidence of this. He was at SU from 1988-1991. ESPN said that they couldn't corroborate the sotry when it first came up in 2003 so they didn't report it.

I don't want to rush to judgement and I don't want to be naive. This sound like the Penn State situation all over again and if it is, it will surely have the same result. The same standards of judgement should be applied here as we applied to them. There may be a lot of John Sanduskys around and if the response to his scandal is that more and more pedophile and a"enablers" are exposed, that will be a good thing. Davis is saying that there are "many other victims".

But this could also be a guy seeking publicity and trying to destroy the reputation of good people to get it. And that's a very bad thing.

My overwhelming feeling is that I just want this day to end.

This was a brutal day for me before I turned the computer on. Bt swc, I feel a lot better right now then I did 4 hours ago.

But this could also be a guy seeking publicity and trying to destroy the reputation of good people to get it. And that's a very bad thing.

My overwhelming feeling is that I just want this day to end.

I don't think anyone is seeking publicity by saying this. Maybe $$ but you don't claim you were sexually abused just for publicity. Your last statement I could not agree more on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom