Ben Simmons: What could have been | Syracusefan.com

Ben Simmons: What could have been

Did Patrick enjoy his experience here?

My what might have been remains Anthony Davis.

Last edited:
Kid is scary good. Best prospect since Anthony Davis.

He'll need to develop a jump shot before going to the next level.

David Patrick, assistant at LSU, is Ben Simmons' godfather.
The biggest "what could have been" in the JB era was Sam Perkins.

On the other hand--the greatest "dodged a bullet" was John Wallace. Who knows where the program would have gone if he had not gone to SU.

On the other hand--the greatest "dodged a bullet" was John Wallace. Who knows where the program would have gone if he had not gone to SU.

I thought the biggest "what could have been" in the JB era was Kenny Anderson when we were loaded except for a point guard.

We would have been better with Sam Perkins. We would have been champions with Anthony Davis.

We would have been better with Sam Perkins. We would have been champions with Anthony Davis.
Except Fab Melo was on that roster. Would SU have suspended him before he got them in trouble?

I am a huge fan of Big Smooth. Never realized he considered Syracuse.

24 four hours before he announced, SU thought they had him.
Pre-Internet days... I got to watch him a bunch with the mid nineties Sonics. Good solid player. The guy always let the game come to him.

I thought the biggest "what could have been" in the JB era was Kenny Anderson when we were loaded except for a point guard.

the biggest "what could have been" was a tie between Arinze and Fab. We had them the entire season and we were the #1a team with Fab and #1 with Arinze.

Last edited:
"They" being UNC?
UNC gave Perkin's girl a free ride. (Legend has it)
SU thought they had Marcus Liberty up until the day before signing day. He called up his recruiter, I believe Wayne Morgan, and apologized to the coach but he was going to Illinois because they were going to take care of his whole family.

Last edited:
SU thought they had Marcus Liberty up until the day before signing day. He called up his recruiter, I believe Wayne Morgan, and apologized to the coach but he was going to Illinois because they were going to take care of his whole family.
Then, there's the one about Earl Kelley.

At least we didn't "get death"

Patrick-Henry-Speech-241x300.jpg

Legend his they found a scholarship for his girlfriend.
They also thought they had Marcus Liberty.
My recollection is Sam also went MIA for the week before NLI day. Seems he wasn't taking calls from 315 area code.

I might be wrong but I thought Patrick was involved in some recruiting irregularities where ever he was before LSU. Doubt very much we would have taken him here as an Assistant given the NCAA investigation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom