Benny Williams dismissed from program | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Benny Williams dismissed from program

I hope this doesn't mean JT the rest of the way. Would love to see Cope inserted into the starting lineup.
Let's get off this kid. He is having a tough stretch but we have all seen the potential in him. He fights hard on D when he is out there and if he can fight through his struggles with shooting confidence, the kid can score a lot of points in a short time. He's been nothing but torched on this board.

He had been suspended rwice before bumping the coach on Saturday.

autry did a really good job of not reacting/showing emotion to that. was surprised not to hear anything after the fact about it... however full disclosure i turned the game off with like 5+ minutes to go (never happens) and tried to avoid reading anything not needed about that game so very easily could have missed anything.

Big turning point in this season. One of two things will happen I feel...the team either continues to spiral downward after a blowout loss and losing a teammate mid season. Or, somehow, the team will rally and use this as a pivot point to get back to winning some games and playing solid team basketball as we've seen a few times like against MIA, home BC, NCST, ect. Seasons about to either get way worse or maybe a bit better...

Teams facing adversity either come apart or come together. Stay tuned.

How did I miss that?!
Confused Tom Hanks GIF

As someone who really, really preached patience with Benny, this bums me out.

But, I get it.

As I mentioned a while back, a friend with good seats, told me about some very questionable things Benny has done. One example is refusing to go back in the game, when Red wanted him to. Another is being berated by Red, and having an inappropriate emotional response (basically staring off into the distance, instead of rallying or changing behavior).

Frustrating. Wish him the best.

Teams facing adversity either come apart or come together. Stay tuned.
Right. We'll find out tomorrow night which direction this season is headed against lville...a game we really should win by at least 10.

Let's get off this kid. He is having a tough stretch but we have all seen the potential in him. He fights hard on D when he is out there and if he can fight through his struggles with shooting confidence, the kid can score a lot of points in a short time. He's been nothing but torched on this board.
What potential has he shown? It's been 2 years now - he can't shoot, he can't create for himself and while he fights defensively, he's not very good there. He's not athletic enough to play the 2/3. He does rebound well. We all want him to succeed, but it has never looked like it's happening here.

Yup. I probably turned it off too early. Shame on me as that was probably the most exciting moment from a Syracuse perspective.

oh you are talking about the bump! i thought you were responding to the 2 suspensions lol!

the bump and hawking a loogie was in direct view of the camera. autry handle it as gracefully as possible.

I’d like to see Carey and Brown on the floor together. It would help both of them. We can’t keep going small when you can’t shoot. If you go small and everyone can drive and shoot it’s one thing, but when they can’t it’s a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom