Benny Williams dismissed from program | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Benny Williams dismissed from program

IIRC, Autry was Williams's lead recruiter, no? It sounds like cutting bait was an easy call after Saturday, but even so, his willingness to recognize that it wasn't going to work out and move on for the sake of the team instead of chasing a sunk cost bodes well for the future, I think. If nothing else it sends a message to the rest of the team.

The rest of the season just got a little more interesting, even if it doesn't lead to an immediate return to winning.

oh you are talking about the bump! i thought you were responding to the 2 suspensions lol!

the bump and hawking a loogie was in direct view of the camera. autry handle it as gracefully as possible.

Yes, just the bump. I haven't been that oblivious, thankfully! Well aware of the suspensions and the "Will Benny be in uniform?" before seemingly countless games.

Happy for the team. Think this will be addition by subtraction.

Hope Benny lands ok.

Onwards for Cuse.
I hope that he finishes this semester so he can go elsewhere/get his degree. This almost definitely had to happen but I hope, for Benny the human being, that he doesn't let all of this mess up the rest of his life more than it already has.

is there a video of him running into coach?

I understand being an emotional player, I was one myself. But, there’s always a line drawn on what’s too far regardless of emotions. You do not shoulder bump your coach, you do not throw your headband, you do not skip handshake lines.

Enough is enough. Benny couldn’t mentally handle what it takes to be in the bright lights of a major D1 program. Best of luck to him, if he wants to still play ball, it should be at a low level for his best interests.

Candidly this is a great moment for Red and the Syracuse Basketball program. This kid was already suspended twice. He obviously didn’t learn his lesson. The other day at Wake Forest, he got a technical foul, brushed against his coach, did his usual stand 2 rows behind the bench when he’s angry, although this time he added spitting to his nonsense, and then he skipped the handshake line. It was a horrible look for the program and set a terrible precedent and example for the other players and potential recruits and their families/advisors. It would’ve been easy just to ignore what happened. I applaud Red and the staff for making what must’ve been a very difficult decision.

And by the way, this is not Bill Parcells deciding whether to look the other way with Lawrence Taylor. This guy has been a disappointment on the court as well. No reason to let him continue to embarrass the uniform.

Last edited:
His teammates do not share in the board's enthusiasm over this event, at least per the broken heart emojis they are sharing on iG.
They are his friends. Doesn’t mean they disagree with the decision. I’ve felt bad for people who were let go at work while also understanding it was the best decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom