Benny Williams dismissed from program | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Benny Williams dismissed from program

I worry that Autry is going to lose the locker room after this. Mintz, Starling, Copeland, Brown, McLeod, and Cuffe have all commented on the Instagram post. Its one thing for them to be sad/upset at the decision, but its another to publicly react on your own team's social media post
Please share what they said? Potentially losing the team and all, ty

Here they come... Ready, set, go...Some people just need a little blood in the water
Well this guy coached twenty years, including winning a state title from section three, and he has been disappointed in what he sees and doesn't see from Red in regards to accountability for on court efforts and performance.

It's nothing that hasn't been discussed here already.

It's very difficult after a promotion to readjust your relationships to more of a boss/employee relationship. I agree Red's control seems a bit loose, but I think he'll be able to tighten it up by next year. This move just expedited the process. It's an adjustment.

Well this guy coached twenty years, including winning a state title from section three, and he has been disappointed in what he sees and doesn't see from Red in regards to accountability for on court efforts and performance.

Go Red, Go Orange!!!!

FWIW, I haven't been thrilled with it either. The starting lineup as #1 example.

That said I've seen him pull guys for effort (Mintz specifically) more times this year than I saw in the last 5 combined.

I think Red doesn’t have good control of the team to an extent, but I think removing Benny now might divide the team even more (with half the team commenting on the Benny release notice about how heartbreaking it is). Hopefully I’m wrong.

I’m not saying removing Benny was an issue, more so the timing of it.
No one commented with any words, just emojis. So I wouldn't read too much into it.

They're showing support for a friend publicly. Privately they're probably relieved to an extent.

I've played/worked on plenty of teams when someone not carrying their weight/dragging others down was fired. It's a nice kick in the a s s and also recognition that "hangers-on" won't be tolerated.

Here they come... Ready, set, go...Some people just need a little blood in the water
tina fey smh GIF

I think Red doesn’t have good control of the team to an extent, but I think removing Benny now might divide the team even more (with half the team commenting on the Benny release notice about how heartbreaking it is). Hopefully I’m wrong.

I’m not saying removing Benny was an issue, more so the timing of it.
Red needs to find out, who wants to be here?
This is part of it, everyone is on notice now. This should get everyone's attention and improve focus.
If it doesn't, then a major overhaul may be needed and he will need to rebuild in Y2, when he probably wishes he could have done the rebuild in Y1.

No one commented with any words, just emojis. So I wouldn't read too much into it.

They're showing support for a friend publicly. Privately they're probably relieved to an extent.

I've played/worked on plenty of teams when someone not carrying their weight/dragging others down was fired. It's a nice kick in the a s s and also recognition that "hangers-on" won't be tolerated.

Oh God the Deshaun stories…if people knew half of them

Be a student when he was there at a party you both attend. I was legitimately praying that he would get bounced once we had Melo and Gerry in the fold to come.

FWIW, I haven't been thrilled with it either. The starting lineup as #1 example.

That said I've seen him pull guys for effort (Mintz specifically) more times this year than I saw in the last 5 combined.
Exactly.
I have no idea about off-court stuff but from where I'm sitting he's done way more holding players accountable for on-court stuff than the previous guy. Way more.

Lots of folks finding nits to pick with a coach in his first year who was dealt a losing hand in terms of his available roster. Mostly from the fRaN bRoWn iS tHe GrEaTeSt HiRe EvEr AnD wIlDhAcK sHoUlD hIrE pHiL jAcKsOn crowd

I came to this thread to see if anyone spilled the tea related to the final decision to dismiss Benny.

I’m staying for the H0T Takes on parenting and the debate on when it’s appropriate to refer to people as adults.

Please start a Patreon or Substack so I can hear more of these takes. I would subscribe in less time than it takes a Benny jumper to collide with a basketball hoop’s front rim.

I was told after the WF game, Red told the team no more screwups. Benny didn't show to individual workout yesterday. Today - he gone.

I recall DeShaun Williams being given multiple second chances and for much more egregious issues.
Doubt you nor I know all the issues now nor over the years. :rolleyes:

Benny has issues. I hope for his sake he gets it sorted out. Seems like a good enough kid.
At what point are good kids not so good? Not saying he’s bad but there are plenty of “good kids”, there’s enough this season alone that Im not sure he falls into the “good kid” classification, he seems like an .

I just watched "the bump" for the first time. Am I missing something? It looks like there's a good chance it was completely incidental and wasn't on purpose.
I have zero information, but the handshake line too. We don’t know what happened after the handshake line, was the locker room destroyed again? Did he have another outburst, did he punch a teammate again? Not sure he’s earned the benefit of the doubt.

His teammates do not share in the board's enthusiasm over this event, at least per the broken heart emojis they are sharing on iG.
Glad they aren’t in charge of a roster, not sure Id let them run the cafeteria line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom