Benny Williams dismissed from program | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Benny Williams dismissed from program

So I just watched the replay Benny walked off the court with 8 seconds left on the clock? Wow. When was the bump?
after he got the T and walked back to the bench, everybody is making a big deal of it but it looked inadvertent to me and not intentional. I usually immediately delete all SYR losses from my DVR but I saved this to watch all the antics. Copeland also had an incident when it appeared he talked back to Red after he took a bad shot and airballed by 6 feet. I did not realize Benny left with 8 seconds left. That just piles on to everything else he did in that game to get booted. Griff tried to get him to turnaround and get in the handshake line but Benny barreled right through Griff. That was worse than the accidental bump with Red.

Last edited:
It's very difficult after a promotion to readjust your relationships to more of a boss/employee relationship. I agree Red's control seems a bit loose, but I think he'll be able to tighten it up by next year. This move just expedited the process. It's an adjustment.
It's pretty tough to change up from being good cop to Boeheim's bad cop. I don’t think it ever works.

So, they could have worded this headline differently.
Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 6.44.49 PM.png

Yeah, I think the "bump" is a big nothingburger.

The technical, the walking off the court, they probably led to another one on one conversation. (especially given previous issues). And after that conversation, Red had had enough.

Malcontents can bring the team down. I'm sure the team still supports their friend and former teammate, but I'd bet they're not altogether surprised.
I’d watch it again and I probably need to myself, but it looked like Red physically bit his lip after the bump…as if it took everything to not dress Benny down right there and then.

But that’s just what I saw from memory.

Last edited:
The Wrights? Paul Harris and Devo "Allegedly"
I read an article about Flynn, Devo and Paul leaving for the draft. Seems there was some confusion about Paul. A communications gaffe probably both sides to blame as Paul had told Boeheim he would be putting his name in the draft, went home and never returned calls. SU assumed he was gone then Paul said he did not tell SU officially he was leaving but said since it was out there, he would enter his name in the NBA draft.

No respect shown for coach, nor at the end of the game by Williams tells me he has no respect for himself and no confidence in himself.

WWBD-What would Boeheim do if a player bumped him like Benny did Red? Definitely not the only reason he was let go, but just wondering what the Heimster’s course of action would have been.
Nobody would’ve ever done that to JB the last 10-20 years.

Dion waiters asking the important questions

View attachment 237424
“shaking my head” he wasn’t supposed to be dismissed from the team from what I heard happened. “Shaking my head” crazy

——————

This easy common short hand message on social media caused some of you to question Dion’s intelligence? Foh

I get Benny needing to be removed from the team but why do it now? Why not just wait a month when the season is over and let him transfer.

Did anything specific happen after the Wake game that led to this? Seems like Red is just punting the rest of the season to make a statement
Negative. He showed his coach up on the sideline. Couple that with all other things that have happened, this is what you get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom