Benny Williams dismissed from program | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Benny Williams dismissed from program

It's pretty tough to change up from being good cop to Boeheim's bad cop. I don’t think it ever works.

Well, he understands that his job is at stake. He trusted these guys to play hard for him. He gave them all every chance. If you're not producing, sorry, but the best players always have to play, on every team from 5th grade to the NBA, to pick up ball. That's how you win games.

If you're not bought-in, good bye. It's that plain now. A line was crossed with the lack of effort in these last couple games. This isn't European soccer, where star players can just quit on their coaches and get them fired. Y'all don't have that kind of power, at least not yet.

How exactly do you destroy a urinal? Those things are built to last.

I’ve been thinking about this for a while now. I think if I jumped up, and put both feet on the “lip”, I could bounce up and down enough to pull it out of the wall.

I’m currently drinking in a place that I’m a regular at, so I can’t try it out here, but if we stop somewhere new on the way home, it’s on.

(Ladytroop is driving)

Again, I'm just a sports fan, not his family. Not my problem. I wish people no harm, but I'm not losing sleep over the decisions you make in your own life.
Again, I was referring to Taurean who was mentioned in this thread.

I have zero clue on Benny other than what has been reported or alluded to in the news and on here.

I agree with you.

He made bad choices, was given opportunities to amend those bad choices, and then kept digging.

Not my problem.

This is what this thread feels like

GFsNKYlbQAAaXqz.jpeg

I’ve been thinking about this for a while now. I think if I jumped up, and put both feet on the “lip”, I could bounce up and down enough to pull it out of the wall.

I’m currently drinking in a place that I’m a regular at, so I can’t try it out here, but if we stop somewhere new on the way home, it’s on.

(Ladytroop is driving)

Since this isn't the first time, I'm guessing he keeps a crowbar in his gym bag.

The reality of the situation is nobody knows what’s been happening behind closed doors. But, we all know that demonstrative behavior has been on display.

Setting boundaries as a program isn’t a bad thing. Sad for Benny, but he played a part in the outcome.

I’ve seen undergraduates thrown out of school too, nobody’s waxing poetic about the kid sent packing because he was caught drinking in the dorm room twice.

I feel sorry for Benny to a degree, but hope this serves as a growth point for him and the program. You live and you learn.

(Ladytroop is driving)
I ran a nightclub many years back, you’d be shocked how easy they are to break.

You know, if I'm one of Benny's parents, I feel embarrassed that he's been given so many chances, and keeps acting so immaturely that he gets kicked off his basketball team. It's not like this started yesterday, FFS. It's Benny's own fault that any of these things are being talked about. He didn't have to do any of the stuff he has done. Don't forget that part.
Embarrassed? I would be mad as h*ll. Coaches would have to wait in line behind me because I would be in his face if he was my son. Authority figures (which coaches are) should always be treated with respect, whether you agree with them or not.

Yes, I am a parent of a 20-year-old, and I coached (soccer) for over a decade (including up to 15 years old), but they don't learn how to react appropriately on their own, they must be taught what is appropriate behavior.

I do wish Benny the best. I hope he gets whatever help he needs, and goes on to succeed. However, I was disgusted by his behavior as well as Copeland's after he was subbed out early in the game. Copeland ended up calming down and was fine afterward. Unfortunately, Benny did not do the same.

I’m just picturing the team coming into the locker room after the handshake line, all they hear is heavy breathing and smashing. They peak into the latrine area, there’s Benny and Two broken urinals. He looks back at them like

IMG_0828.jpeg

What does his money have to do with it?
He got what he needed from his Syracuse education. People are ragging on him because of the way he wrote an Instagram post.

Precisely the problem. We need some dawgs. Right now, the only dawgs we have are Copeland, Maliq and JJ. The rest are expendable.
Taylor may be a reserve on a good team but he tries hard. He often gets stuck playing a 4 with a 2 guards physical traits. He is not shooting well but he is overrated on the defensive end. I also want to see Carey develop. It is a shame that our best player, Judah, feels the need to try and win games with almost no help. Not sure if this because he does not trust the players around him to score or if he to ball is his game.

At what point are good kids not so good? Not saying he’s bad but there are plenty of “good kids”, there’s enough this season alone that Im not sure he falls into the “good kid” classification, he seems like an .
I am starting to lean in this direction.

I honestly don't give a shtt.
Does the NCAA even care about kids grades anymore? If so, does him dropping out now, I think it’s early enough, count against us.

that question is not just for Matt.

Joe was given the talk that his minutes would decrease with JJ and Judah and Jesse left because we had no NIL plan for international players and WVU had their act together and paid him, that's why they're both not here
Jesse left because we didn’t have the money to match it at the time.

Joe just torched UNC at UNC and is having a great year, if he was given “the talk” then someone is stupid.

Precisely the problem. We need some dawgs. Right now, the only dawgs we have are Copeland, Maliq and JJ. The rest are expendable.
JJ is a dawg? You’ve seen his efense, right?

I saw the bump, but at the time I thought they got in each others way. The spitting occurred soon after and I thought it was strange he was spitting indoors, but to me it wasn’t that different than what i see football or lacrosse players do.

I guess I didn’t understand what was going on. It’s too bad because I always cheered for the kid, but those things if on purpose to provide a message would deserve the suspension. Did the announcers say anything?

Only posting this because it cracks me up & I may not ever have the chance again. Also, this just strikes me as Benny, at least the basketball player, in a nutshell.

IMG_0041.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom